Pro Tools 8

Try changing the number of processors in PT prefs to 1. In some cases it will be more stable.

It could just be that some plugs need updates. POD Farm was glitchy until I updated.

i use 2 gig ram with a core2duo running at 2.56 overclocked, and i have no isues with the PT operation whatsoever. would like to see how the performance decreases wen i get using PT LE8 though.

Sent em a second email regarding the upgrade, and they still wont budge, i find it ridiculous that i was literally 3 days late!!

For the record, as someone who is planning on getting an M-Audio interface + PTM-Powered, I find this to be very disappointing:

DigiDesign said:
Pro Tools 8 expands the power of your current hardware
interface, allowing you to work with up to 48 mono or stereo audio tracks. Add Music Production Toolkit 2 or DV Toolkit™ 2 (Pro Tools LE only) and you can create huge mixes, with up to 64 mono or stereo audio tracks. And with the new Complete Production Toolkit (Pro Tools LE only), which combines both toolkits, you can work with up to 128 audio tracks AND get 7.1 surround
mixing capabilities, making it easier than ever to collaborate with Pro Tools|HD® users.

So...you are limited to 64 with M-Powered. Gay. Some of you may be like "wtf 64 is enough" - sometimes it isn't.

~006

For the record, as someone who is planning on getting an M-Audio interface + PTM-Powered, I find this to be very disappointing:

So...you are limited to 64 with M-Powered. Gay. Some of you may be like "wtf 64 is enough" - sometimes it isn't.

~006

Bouncing ftw. Seems like an ancient thing these days with many DAWs having unlimited track counts.

I really don't see the point in limiting the track count. That's so retarded. Ok, no delay compensation, "light" versions of bundled plugs, etc., I'll give them that...but, track count? Greedy fucks.

~006

I really don't see the point in limiting the track count. That's so retarded. Ok, no delay compensation, "light" versions of bundled plugs, etc., I'll give them that...but, track count?

~006

I agree as well. If other DAW's do have limited track count it is incredibly high. Maybe in Pro Tools 9 track count will be jacked way up haha.

Remember 48 stereo tracks = 96 mono tracks and 64 stereo tracks = 128 mono tracks.

That's plenty for anything I would want to mix myself. If I had that many BG vox or stacks of whatever that I needed 128 tracks I would be doing sub-mixes anyway just because working that way makes more sense to me than having a session that large. That's just me.

I'm pissed that they don't increase the number of available busses, though!

Yeah, I'm definitely a busser myself. What is the count for busses available in the latest?

I mean, I'll use the largest project I've done to date on my own rig... totalling out at 50 mono tracks/busses, then 8 stereo busses on top of that, so just say 66 tracks total. Hmm...I suppose I'd be alright with LE/M-Powered and one of the toolkits. But then again I'm only going to use PT to bounce the stems to import into Cubase for mixing, so ignore my bitching! However...it's still retarded to limit track count...:lol:

~006

Question for the guys that are having sessions that use up more CPU than in 7.X: Do you have instances of Dverb in your session? In v8 Digi added some form of a chorus algorithm to the Dverb plug and it eats up more CPU. Just wondering if this is the cause or if it is something else.

FINALLY
got round to installing 8...
still waiting for MPTK2 to install, but initial impressions, other than trying to adjust to the new GUI is that its ace.
the new bundled plugins and soft synths are Tits, Kick Logics arse seems nice and stable.
got a few more plugins to install, then ill get back to y'all

Just got PT8 this week. I've never used PT before, and I have to say that after using Cubase for, what, six or seven years now, I was pretty amazed when I first sat down loaded up some raw tracks. I love Cubase, but holy shit, I instantly felt like home with PT. Somehow I work a lot more effieciently, and I don't even know most of the key commands yet. I'm not saying that PT is better than Cubase in any way, but it's pretty clear that it works a lot better for me.

This one's definitely a keeper!

I have one gripe......

I opened a session which had key command focus disabled,
and i couldnt find the fucking button to turn it back on again!!
the bastards hid it.
other than that its awesome at the mo.