QUESTIONS FOR *Matt*

Mr. Barlow,

Ive been doing vocals for about five years now and youve been my biggest inspiration. Youve inspired me to really push myself and keep trying to do better. You are definitely one of the greatest vocalists to ever grace metal.

My only question to you is, how do you feel about the metal genre as a whole? and do you ever listen to any Death Metal?

Mr. Barlow,

Ive been doing vocals for about five years now and youve been my biggest inspiration. Youve inspired me to really push myself and keep trying to do better. You are definitely one of the greatest vocalists to ever grace metal.

My only question to you is, how do you feel about the metal genre as a whole? and do you ever listen to any Death Metal?

Hey, Matt. Just wondering... Once my band is a bit more, say, defined, you wanna' guest on one of our albums..? Or perhaps (my wet dream) do a duet with the one Hansi Kursch? (I think that's everyones, actually)

YES, yes it would be glorious. :kickass:

MATT... Just to give you a sense of this band of mine that I speak of (because I'm totally serious with my question), check out our good ol' MySpace profile. Feel free to check out the videos from our first show. The only song we've got up is a really old demo of our first song.

Matt and Hansi doing vocals together would be the greatest thing EVER. They should really do something like that for the next Demons & Wizards release.

MEH, I just thought he said that somewhere. HOPE so. I was totally serious when I asked him to sing on one of my bands albums, one day. :lol:

:|

MEH, I just thought he said that somewhere. HOPE so. I was totally serious when I asked him to sing on one of my bands albums, one day. :lol:

:|

Well he did say he tries to continue answering the questions, or at least reading them. But yeah, this thread is "officially" closed, but nothing stops you from asking more questions :).

Well, I read a lot of praise to Mr. Barlow in this thread. It's my opinion also, but just for the sake of not beign a "copy cat", I'm actually going to try to explain "why" a feel that way about our beloved Matt!

There are a lot of exceptional voices out there, really exceptional. And just to mention someone everyone knows here, I think lance King has one the best voices ever to sang in this planet (and if you like Lance voice in Pyramaze, check out his last Balance of Power album...)

But "the best" it's not only about voice? Is it??? Nah!
Beign the best is about to "send a message" when you sing, it's about "feeling", it's about "beliving", "trasmitting"... that's why I really like Mr. Barlow.

In almost two decades of hearing heavy metal, power, gothic, progessive, etc., I have not hearing everything, but I heard a lot... I have only found 3 people up this task, in this order:

Eric Adams (Manowar)
Matt Barlow (IE)
Tarja Turunen (Nigthwish)

And please note that, altough Eric Adams voice sounds like a dog with lung disease, his my favorite singer! Because is about what the singer feel, believe and transmits...

Now, I little present for everyone here (and tribute to Matt)... one of the finest moments in Metal history!!!
---
I did what I thought was right
All for the love of my life
I know it's sad but true
Something is very wrong
Condemned to suffer so long
For a love so true
---
(oh men, just pasting this part has almost me crying!!!)

Lile to know what other peolple think...
So, what makes Matt voice great!?

Well, damn, looks like I got to the party a bit too late. Hope you are still reading the thread, Matt! If not, that's cool.

I totally respect your decision, even though that decision is old news. It's important for people to have things in perspective nowadays. Ones ability to create stability for ones family is incredibly important, but people don't seem to care anymore about stability - they want to rack up insane amounts of debt and credit card bills, buy the biggest trucks they can't afford, and then wonder why they can't afford groceries. Oh well.

I think you did the right thing - you don't need anyone to tell you that, because it is what you think is right, and in the end that is all that matters. Plus, you're a grown man, lmao.

I'm shipping out for USAF basic training in December. I felt the need to serve my country and create a stable life for myself and for my fiancee, before indulging in my passion for music. You totally set a good example for me and a lot more of your fans, I think.

I look forwards to hearing Pyramaze. I never heard of the band before you joined, but I am anxious to hear you belt it out again. The only reason I listened to Iced Earth, really, was because of your vocals. Your performance on 'The Phantom Opera Ghost' still gives me chills.

But, Iced Earth is behind, and Pyramaze is ahead!

I don't really have any questions, I don't think... uhh... Who are your favorite authors? And what are some of your favorite books? I'm a bookworm =P

Take care, man!

Hi all!!! I am jumping over from Chris Broderick´s and Nevermore´s board...

Simple question for Matt:

Some advise for in- ear systems? I am really thinking about it!

take care, it´s great to have you back, so we can hear you sing!!! u rule!

Dear Matt,

First of all THANK YOU ! Thank you for the wonderful voice and music. Your singing has been best friend for me in times of great sadness and joy.
I've never dreamt about being able to contact you so big thanks for making this possible.
I would like to ask some questions regarding your profession and not only:
1. Could you comment on that, that USA is being converted into a "police state" by taking civil rights away from the citizens under pretext of terrorist threats created by those in power ?
2. How do you feel about the war in Iraq ?

Here are some less serious questions
3. Do you have a favourite book/books or author/authors ?
4.How long did it take for you hair to grow that long and how did you manage to sustain it :)) ?
5. Have you ever considered doing a concert in Bulgaria ? ( You are most welcome hehe, lots of fans here )

I realize you must be very busy so thank you once more for reading this.
It is great that you are back in music ! Looking forward to hear new songs from you and Pyramaze.

May you and your family be blessed as your voice is a blessing.

With utmost respect,
Rossen

P.S. Sorry, just couldn't keep it short :lol:
HELLO TO ALL!

I JUST WANT TO LET EVERY ONE KNOW...I WILL NOT BE DOING POLITICS ON THIS, OR ANY OTHER WEB PAGE. I AM HERE, IN THIS CAPACITY, AND I MUSIC TO ENTERTAIN. I WOULD NOT BE SO PRETENTIOUS AS TO PREACH TO ANY AUDIENCE ABOUT MY PARTICULAR AND PERSONAL BELIEFS.

AS FAR AS FAVORITE AUTHORS...FRANK MILLER IS CERTAINLY TOWARD THE TOP OF THE LIST. I LIKE HIS SENSE OF DARKNESS AND HE'S A BIT VIOLENT. IT ALSO HELPS THAT HE ILLUSTRATES HIS WORK...THE PICTURES HELP ME.

HAIR GROWS WHEN YOU DON'T SCREW WITH IT...

I 'VE NEVER BEEN TO BULGARIA...BUT IT'S ON MY LIST!

Dear Matt,

First of all THANK YOU ! Thank you for the wonderful voice and music. Your singing has been best friend for me in times of great sadness and joy.
I've never dreamt about being able to contact you so big thanks for making this possible.
I would like to ask some questions regarding your profession and not only:
1. Could you comment on that, that USA is being converted into a "police state" by taking civil rights away from the citizens under pretext of terrorist threats created by those in power ?
2. How do you feel about the war in Iraq ?

Here are some less serious questions
3. Do you have a favourite book/books or author/authors ?
4.How long did it take for you hair to grow that long and how did you manage to sustain it :)) ?
5. Have you ever considered doing a concert in Bulgaria ? ( You are most welcome hehe, lots of fans here )

I realize you must be very busy so thank you once more for reading this.
It is great that you are back in music ! Looking forward to hear new songs from you and Pyramaze.

May you and your family be blessed as your voice is a blessing.

With utmost respect,
Rossen

P.S. Sorry, just couldn't keep it short :lol:
HELLO TO ALL!

I JUST WANT TO LET EVERY ONE KNOW...I WILL NOT BE DOING POLITICS ON THIS, OR ANY OTHER WEB PAGE. I AM HERE, IN THIS CAPACITY, AND IN MUSIC, TO ENTERTAIN. I WOULD NOT BE SO PRETENTIOUS AS TO PREACH TO ANY AUDIENCE ABOUT MY PARTICULAR AND PERSONAL BELIEFS.

AS FAR AS FAVORITE AUTHORS...FRANK MILLER IS CERTAINLY TOWARD THE TOP OF THE LIST. I LIKE HIS SENSE OF DARKNESS AND HE'S A BIT VIOLENT. IT ALSO HELPS THAT HE ILLUSTRATES HIS WORK...THE PICTURES HELP ME.

HAIR GROWS WHEN YOU DON'T SCREW WITH IT...

I 'VE NEVER BEEN TO BULGARIA...BUT IT'S ON MY LIST!