Racism And Metal

I agree that NS does appeal to a certain group of people. But the group is small. If NS bands were really out to make money, they would be trying to appeal to a larger group. They would be playing metalcore or nu-metal. Most NSBM bands sell even less than underground death metal bands, and must work jobs on the side (like most extreme metal bands); they do not even make their living with their music. They do believe in their ideology, and use the music that they play as a vehicle for conveying their beliefs.

Demiurge said:
Your identity is defined by your experience and genetics. Two things beyond your control.
I think that quote sums it up the best. GoD was trying to say that, I think, but came off a little shaky(even I was completely confused).

If you think you have the power to change your destiny, good for you. However, that power is determined by your genetics. You were born with the ability to determine your life. Like me. I was born with the gene combination allowing me to break from my family's traditions and time-honored codes and be my own person. My brother was not. He's still trapped. I had a habit of chewing my nails. I lost it, because I wanted to. My brother still cracks his knuckles. He can't stop.

Experience has a lot to do with identity as well. Here is where I and the racists differ. You cannot judge someone for thier apparent genetics without accounting for their personal experiences/upbringing. Therefore, anyone who misjudges or discriminates based on a person's race is a fucking evil person.

White people have the "racist" gene. However, the power of a post-Civil Rights upbringing has created a generation of socially acceptable individuals, for the most part. See?

On a side note:

humungo said:
You're seem pretty racist yourself. Yet you complain about generalisations.

Firstly, mutilating a women's genitals is completely wrong, and so backward. So in your eyes is it ok for a man to keep cheating? By your login, a man should have his knob chopped off if he cheats or to set an "example".

Its disgusting and un-natural to mutilate someone.

"Western women will go any distance for cock" - Another retarded genralisation by yourself, women will cheat anywhere, but at least in the West women won't get raped as punishment if they cheat, as happens in some countries by law. At least women in the west have equal rights.

People will make mistakes.

I haven't seen or heard any racist activity at death metal gigs.
I don't support the mutilation of genitalia. But it works. And if I did support it, I do believe a man should have his pongo chopped off for cheating. And rape is another story entirely...

Women will cheat anywhere, yes. But in the West, it seems as if the culture itself is based upon the pursuit of sex. I've seen few Eastern slut-whores.

I am not racist. I am pushing for an equalized society. And part of that is getting white people to realize just how wicked their past has been.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Experience has a lot to do with identity as well. Here is where I and the racists differ. You cannot judge someone for thier apparent genetics without accounting for their personal experiences/upbringing. Therefore, anyone who misjudges or discriminates based on a person's race is a fucking evil person.

White people have the "racist" gene. However, the power of a post-Civil Rights upbringing has created a generation of socially acceptable individuals, for the most part. See?

Everyone has "the racist gene", AN.

I don't support the mutilation of genitalia. But it works. And if I did support it, I do believe a man should have his pongo chopped off for cheating. And rape is another story entirely...

That's equality, I suppose.

Women will cheat anywhere, yes. But in the West, it seems as if the culture itself is based upon the pursuit of sex. I've seen few Eastern slut-whores.

So Thailand doesn't count as Eastern, then?

I am not racist. I am pushing for an equalized society. And part of that is getting white people to realize just how wicked their past has been.

The British National Party are non-racists pushing for an equalised society, too, and part of that is getting non-white people to realize just how wicked their past has been. Funny that.

How about this: I'll be ashamed of the British colonisation of Africa, if you'll be ashamed of the swordpoint Islamification of Mecca.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I think that quote sums it up the best. GoD was trying to say that, I think, but came off a little shaky(even I was completely confused).
I distinctly remember saying 'we are all a combination of genetics and environmental experience. Nothing else.'

The people who contested this point, with words that suggested they didn't understand it, were the ones who forced me to put it in so many different ways, it became irritating and confusing.

anonymousnick2001 said:

If you think you have the power to change your destiny, good for you. However, that power is determined by your genetics. You were born with the ability to determine your life. Like me. I was born with the gene combination allowing me to break from my family's traditions and time-honored codes and be my own person. My brother was not. He's still trapped. I had a habit of chewing my nails. I lost it, because I wanted to. My brother still cracks his knuckles. He can't stop.

On a side note:

I absolutely hate it when white people are made to look like they are the only people who commited atrocities in the past.

Remember it was the whites who first outlawed slavery, gave women equal rights, stopped child labour etc.

Slavery still occurs in the world. How about arabs treating blacks as slaves in Sudan? Or the mass-rape in Congo?

It doesn't matter about the race, it depends on the INDIVIDUAL and of course cultural ideas.

I have seen plenty of racist people from other races so your idea is bullshit about the "racist" gene.

lord667 said:
How about this: I'll be ashamed of the British colonisation of Africa, if you'll be ashamed of the swordpoint Islamification of Mecca.

Muslims have been in charge of some of the most ruthless empires in history.
Muslims have also slaughtered many in forced conversions across the globe. I don't hear many people whinghing about what they have done in history though.

humungo said:
I absolutely hate it when white people are made to look like they are the only people who commited atrocities in the past.
I never said that. But they did more than the other races.

I have seen plenty of racist people from other races so your idea is bullshit about the "racist" gene.
Well, I have not. Genetics + experience. My idea is a result of that.

lord667 said:
I am ashamed of it. What now, bitch?

humungo said:
Muslims have been in charge of some of the most ruthless empires in history.
Muslims have also slaughtered many in forced conversions across the globe. I don't hear many people whinghing about what they have done in history though.
First off, Muslims ain't a race, buddy. Second, I'm a Muslim because of what I believe. Don't think for a moment that I forgive those people for their atrocities and their staining the name of Islam. And those that whine are silenced. However, I don't see what right people have to judge me based on their acts. Their mistakes.

My master is God. And I pray to Him. And I make sure my family does. I could care less about the others.

And racism is not an issue with me. I will never look at a white person differently for being white. I will never pre-judge their character based on it. But I will always hate Western/European history and Western/European culture, because of the white people and their past. I do not hate the present. Most whites I know hate their past, too.

Guardian of Darkness said:
I distinctly remember saying 'we are all a combination of genetics and environmental experience. Nothing else.'

The people who contested this point, with words that suggested they didn't understand it, were the ones who forced me to put it in so many different ways, it became irritating and confusing.
Oops. Sorry. :D

Rottuated said:
What exactly does it say in Koran 9:5?

"So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

This is, I believe, Allah's instructions (via Mohammed) on what to do with the pagan Koreishites of Mecca.

That is different.

The religion calls for the destruction of idols.

I'm a Liberal Muslim, so I'm against idolatry, but I won't go on a killing spree.

As much as Iahte this fucking country and Bush, I can't wail until we pave the middle east and steal all their oil.

anonymousnick2001 said:

Id rather be a fascist than a communist...

SADUDE said:
As much as Iahte this fucking country and Bush, I can't wail until we pave the middle east and steal all their oil.
That goal is one of the few reasons I hate Bush.

*looks at SADUDE oddly and backs away*

anonymousnick2001 said:
I never said that. But they did more than the other races.

Well, I have not. Genetics + experience. My idea is a result of that.

I am ashamed of it. What now, bitch?

First off, Muslims ain't a race, buddy. Second, I'm a Muslim because of what I believe. Don't think for a moment that I forgive those people for their atrocities and their staining the name of Islam. And those that whine are silenced. However, I don't see what right people have to judge me based on their acts. Their mistakes.

My master is God. And I pray to Him. And I make sure my family does. I could care less about the others.

And racism is not an issue with me. I will never look at a white person differently for being white. I will never pre-judge their character based on it. But I will always hate Western/European history and Western/European culture, because of the white people and their past. I do not hate the present. Most whites I know hate their past, too.

Ok cool mate, but the thing is that European countries and North America is giving aid to poorer countries, and arabs have enslaved many people, but they never pay back to those their ancestors made suffer.

I'm sorry I disagree where you said people of European descent have caused more harm than other races. Most races have a shameful past. At least we in the West aren't dictated and have free will. Why do you hate Western culture? Just because of the past? Well then you should hate a lot more cultures then, cos a lot of cultures have a violent past. Sorry I am repeating myself.

We should now only concentrate on the present and the future.

lord667 said:
Well actually, ducky, that's pretty cool. I've met Muslims before who'll happily bitch about the evils of racism, but remind them of Koran 9:5 and they say "oh, well that's different..."

Exactly mate, the hypocrisy is disgusting.

Demiurge said:
I look at this and say "wrong." Morons begat morons, geniuses begat geniuses, etc. It's not that different than the fact that tall people tend to have tall children. The dualism of conciousness is fraudulent, our thoughts are a result of our physical mind.

Your identity is defined by your experience and genetics. Two things beyond your control.

geniuses begat geniuses? I don't think so. Was Mozart's father a genius? Not really. Were Michealangelo's parents geniuses, or even particularly talented? How about Nietzsche, Galileo, Sartre, or Beethoven to name a few? You are partly right, identity is defined by experience and genetics but you forgot one thing: choice. Free will is not an illusion, I know this because when I get hungry, for example, I make a concious decision to go into my kitchen and make a sandwich. There is no part of my mind or body that is commanding me to do this. I could just as well choose not to make a sandwich and instead go smoke a cigarette. The point is anyone can take any action if they choose to. The argument that identity is merely based on genetics and experience and not a product of ones personal choice is just an excuse for people to not take responsibility for themselves.

No, because the eventual choice that you make is the choice you were always going to make, because of your characteristics as a whole at that particular time.

It's all basic pre-determinism, geneticists would agree. Don't get that confused with 'fate', either.