Recently Bought Albums

Gno - Cannibal Tango
Wolverine - Communication Lost
Therhythmisodd - Raw Material
Universal Totem Orchestra - The Magus

last wolverine is very good,they didn't change much but keep on making atmospheric and melanchonic prog with heavy inserts ,if you liked "Still" and
"Windows purpose" sure you'll enjoy this. I think is a very good year for prog
lovers : Pendragon,Pallas,Pagan's mind,Wolverine,Evergrey ,Neal Morse,now
I'm sure Sx will not disappoint me

I thought first half of Wolverine's latest album was outstanding. But for some reason, the 4 or 5 last tunes almost bore me.

^ Hmmm... I haven't listened to Frequency in a while, but I don't recall any reasons as to why he would be considered one of the BEST vocalists around.
His voice is definitely pleasent, but doesn't he have a small range and lack of variation to his vocals? Also, I don't remember much passion.

^ Hmmm... I haven't listened to Frequency in a while, but I don't recall any reasons as to why he would be considered one of the BEST vocalists around.
His voice is definitely pleasent, but doesn't he have a small range and lack of variation to his vocals? Also, I don't remember much passion.

He doesn't have much range, but I just love his voice. It's the good kind of nasal, and really expressive.

I could listen to this all day. It probably helps that they're good arrangers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a great Iq fan,I think that Peter is one of the few singer in the world that
you can understand what he says without reading the lyrics.Anyway,I don't
want to talk about the departure of John jowitt because to me it was a really good bass player, if I had to choose among their production I'll pick "Tales from the lush attic",then "Ever" and "Subterranea",also "The lost attic",a collection of
unreleased tracks,demo and live version with a detailed booklet.For live, "Subterranea live","Iq 20","Forever live"and "Live in london",this last one is a concert in which they were promoting "The wake" .I saw them live many times,
they never disappointed me also if after "Subterranea" they didn't change much their sound as Pendragon did in the last 2 records

Pagan's Mind - Enigmatic : Calling

Outstanding! I owe this one to "Your Top 25 Albums" thread. If you haven't posted a list on that thread, please do. I've found many great bands that I otherwise might not have heard of or at least
would have taken longer to find them.:worship:

Neal morse,"Testimony 2",saw him live in Milan yesterday,3 hours of great music
band with 8 guys including Kristopher Gildenlow,amazing drummer,wonderful
guitar player,maybe the best gig in this year.

Riverside - Memories In My Head (MCD)
Mars Hollow - World In Front Of Me
October Equus - Saturnal
Wobbler - Rites at Dawn

Redemption - Snowfall On Judgement Day
I really love this band! Leviathan Rising is such an incredible song.

Oh, I almost forgot.

Symphony X - Iconoclast

I'll give my review after a few listens.

Redemption are going in tour in september,also in Italy .I can't believe,my mind
is there yet,"Snowfall " is one of the best prog metal cd of the last years.
Don't forget to hear the last Wolverine (Communication lost) ,it grows on you
spin after spin

I have only listened to this album a couple of times since buying it just 3 days ago, and it is growing on me. I'm not that impressed though and just found out that they didn't have the same vocalist from 'Pitch Black Progress', which I suspected upon listening to it and then confirmed online. There is definitely a lack of vocal intensity like they had with Christian, but it's still not terrible.

I've been off the radar with these guys for a while wich is why I didn't know about the vocal changes, and that they've had 2 other albums since PBP.

Other new purchase (Tuesday also) was an old classic... Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil. Had to get it as my 8 year old son really liked the songs off this album whenever they came on SIRIUS. So I got it for him. I forgot how good this album was considering how shitty a band MC is now. They had real attitude on this one.

I'm not that impressed though and just found out that they didn't have the same vocalist from 'Pitch Black Progress', which I suspected upon listening to it and then confirmed online. There is definitely a lack of vocal intensity like they had with Christian, but it's still not terrible.
I totally agree.
Älvestam is the lead singer of Solution .45 nowadays. Their excellent debut album was released last year. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9x4p0m5vo&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXJxtp8inWg&feature=related[/ame]