Recently Bought Albums

Redemption - Snowfall On Judgement Day
I really love this band! Leviathan Rising is such an incredible song.

"Snowfall " is one of the best prog metal cd of the last years.

Just got this album, and yes, it is really good. Walls and Leviathan are really cool, but I haven't been able to quit listening to Black and White World. What an incredible song...

Just got this album, and yes, it is really good. Walls and Leviathan are really cool, but I haven't been able to quit listening to Black and White World. What an incredible song...
Add Fistful of Sand and Peel to those and you get my favorite songs on that album! Really looking forward to how their next one will turn out.

Add Fistful of Sand and Peel to those and you get my favorite songs on that album! Really looking forward to how their next one will turn out.

Peel is a great tune. I like the percussion in the beginning.

Just picked up the new Rhapsody of Fire (From Chaos to Infinity). This album finally ends the story that has been ongoing since their debut album, and they say it will be the last "fantasy" themed album. I am really wondering what they will do next, some sort of sci-fi epic is all I could imagine they could do while still maintaining most of their fanbase?

I also picked up Fair to Midland- Arrows and Anchors. Has anyone here besides me heard of these Austin, Texas based guys? I figured that some of the people around here that listen to bands like Muse or Dredg would like them. I would probably categorize them as art rock/metal with maybe a touch of prog.

^
I actually played this album just yesterday...I had almost forgotten how fantastic it is in every single aspect.

I bought Eric Whitacre's Light and Gold recently.

I recently bought not a cd but much better,ticket for italian date nearby Milan
on october 5. I don't want to know the set ,whatewhere they play is good to
me,also because this time they're headliner. 2 months to go,starting to try
to scream along with the crowd "We are strong we will stand and fight".
Anyway,i suggest you to get last Karmakanic, "in a perfect world",if you liked
"Who's the boss in the factory",great prog mixed with perfect melodies

The Perfect Element Pt. 1 is OUTSTANDING!!! What a beautiful album. I've listened to it about
10 times in the last 5 days. POS have become one of my favorites. They are definitely unique.
Daniel Gildenlow is such a brilliant singer/songwriter. I will eventually get POS's entire catalog but I think One Hour by the Concrete Lake will be next.:worship:

The Perfect Element Pt. 1 is OUTSTANDING!!! What a beautiful album. I've listened to it about
10 times in the last 5 days. POS have become one of my favorites. They are definitely unique.
Daniel Gildenlow is such a brilliant singer/songwriter. I will eventually get POS's entire catalog but I think One Hour by the Concrete Lake will be next.:worship:

Glad you like it :)

Concrete Lake is my second favourite by them, and simply stunning overall. You won't be disappointed.
There are many strange note choices and odd patterns, but I mean this positively.
Every one of their albums is completely different from the others.

Glad you like it :)

Concrete Lake is my second favourite by them, and simply stunning overall. You won't be disappointed.
There are many strange note choices and odd patterns, but I mean this positively.
Every one of their albums is completely different from the others.

I am probably the odd man out in thinking that "Remedy Lane" is their best. I just think it has the most diversity of all their albums, so I am talking more about it musically rather than conceptually. I really love "BE" and find it to be one of the biggest musical masterpieces that ever was; however, it was more of a Daniel Gildenlow effort than an effort by PoS as a band. It was probably their biggest masterpiece conceptually, and while the music was still good, it is one of those albums where most songs don't really stand on their own too well and you have to really listen to the whole album many times to appreciate it (which is fine by me as I think there should be more of these types of albums).

Even so, "Remedy Lane" just displayed great musicianship throughout the whole band and had plenty of variety to show off their chops. I do have to be a little more fair by saying that I am really not too familiar with the first couple of albums (Entropia and OHbtCL) other than hearing a few random songs some time ago that I have only very vague memories of how they sounded other than that they were good.

^ I wouldn't say you're the odd one out. Many people consider Remedy Lane to be their best.
I love Remedy Lane and BE, and I agree that BE is definitely an album to listen to from front to back, which I also appreciate.
Concrete Lake is Gildenlow's least favourite album, but there's something about it that I love.

"Communication lost" by Wolverine,don't forget to hear it, it grows so much on me, the kind of dark melanchonic prog that only they can do.I wish I could see
them live

Universe Divide - Dust Settles on the Odontophobes
Campbell, Neil - Particle Theory
With Eyes Abstract - Return of the Heracleidae
Bigelf - Hex
Chen, Shinki - Shinki Chen
Lenin - Rio Hecho Caceria