Reincarnation

I have to say that i'm impressed at how far and how deep this thread dug itself. i must also say that, from my humble opinion, both LIGHT and TOOLSOFTHETRADE are writing views that are absolutely spot on. i was honestly surprised at some of the slightly negative feeling directed toward them for their open-mindedness, but then i get it myself often - always have, always will. it's never "cool" to be open-minded. it's always like this. in our materialistic western culture, being open is always associated with being naive.
i can understand the "seeing is believing" opinion, in fact for a long time i liked a phrase i saw (on a photograph) written on the side of a US tank in the Vietnam War - "believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see".
but i also like to be open. my response to the "seeing is beliveing" brigade is this: nothing "extraordinary" or "supernatural" will happen to you if you are closed to it. it really is as simple as that. if us "believers in the unknown" are so naive, then so be it. if we are wrong, then it doesn't matter - but if we are right, and something "extraordinary" or "supernatural" happens to us in our lifetimes (or next - sorry), then we are extremely fortunate beings indeed.
hope i am not droning on, and especially hope i don't sound "preachy", but i have tried to be direct and simple as possible.

yogidaz said:
i was honestly surprised at some of the slightly negative feeling directed toward them for their open-mindedness, but then i get it myself often - always have, always will. it's never "cool" to be open-minded. it's always like this. in our materialistic western culture, being open is always associated with being naive.
yeah, we are persecuting the "open-minded".. fuck off. :lol:

there is a big difference between open minded and deluded.
the universe is absolutely fucking massive and i reckon there are other dimensions...but meeting a girl and thinking you know her from a privious life?
err.. i dont think so!
sounds like BELIEVING YOUR IMAGINATION to me.
I HAVE done that meself. i used to think america was the antichrist and grunge was a conspiracy to kill metal. well, actually i drew the line at the last bit. i realised later that was a big load of horse shite. oh dear.

too many women are deluded and you are right, there is a huge difference between open minded people and deluded people, lol, and one of the horrible differences being the consequences, i'm finding that out in my life right at the moment! :( all that stuff you've written there about spiders webs and events far apart in time, couldn't be more true

I think with talking about imagination you got it right Danny, cos it's all about that i guess, since none is back from death to tell us what's beyond. Up to everyone to create its own theory and sticking to it if it can make him/her better.Then let life do what it has to do.

i must confess i make myself delusional at times, and then realize i have to stay with my feet on the ground - as you (lot) said before: there's nothing you know for sure. even fucking gurus dont know for sure (may be deluded by their self-proclaimed access to the supernatural). i think i'm quite embalanced right now; trusting in my own good sense of consideration, and not being too biased to blindly accept 'supernatural' theories.

and Dan.. i never said i know Denise from a previous life, cos i didnt feel like that specificly (as i dont have any answers to that), but i do feel we know each other by long - just the way she could read my heart, and the manner in which she just popped into my life out of the blue - on a specific time i needed answers to certain questions i was dearly hoping to find, which she let me find.

how many people have ever died compared to how many are alive now? loads I reckon, so is it possible that I am made up of mega-multi-multiple re-re-re-re-re-re-incarnations? Yeah, anythings possible and we'll never know anything.
Shit :(

but anathema know the truth right? like with the deep lyrics.. 'as we pass ever on and away, towards some blank inifinity'
so apparently that's it, so i know the truth now

I actually believe there's something very, very weird going on. All around us, all the time. And it's been going on for a very long time. And it worries me... and I'm not sure why.

(probably because I don't know what it is... and therefore, by definition, I don't know what *I* am... and that bugs me...)

The weird thing about death, is the difference between a person, say asleep and a dead person.
My nanna was brought home when she died and we all went around to her house to see her, drink, (i was only 14 so i wasn't allowed) sing songs, (the catholic irish)..anyway, i was sat next to her and it was strange, that undefinable something was missing... :erk: