Riff Thieves

First of all, it's not "ripping off" if you've never heard the 'original.' Secondly, it is used in an entirely different context, with different effect, for different purposes (most likely), so while it may be the same chord progression or riff or whatever other quantification you want to specify in terms of base notes played, it's a completely different theme contextually.

I think he's just talking about similar-sounding riffs.

DragonForce haters are gay, and bonus songs could represent a song that was named X(in this case Prepare for War) and went onto the album as X(Fury of the Storm)

but you're apparently extremely touchy tonight so i'm just gonna lol at u overreacting

And I'm gonna "lol" at you throwing in the towel.

I never said I hate Dragonforce. I own all three records. And your excuse is lame. Both songs are on Sonic Firestorm, both songs are clearly labeled, and both songs have almost the same opening riff (they're even in the same key). Why can't you just admit that I'm right?

And Dragonforce bonus songs are never the same as another song on the record, and if they were the album would indicate so.

Why does every thread ending up in a discussion about Dragonforce nowadays? Fuck that cheese-asshole band.

And I'm gonna "lol" at you throwing in the towel.

I never said I hate Dragonforce. I own all three records. And your excuse is lame. Both songs are on Sonic Firestorm, both songs are clearly labeled, and both songs have almost the same opening riff (they're even in the same key). Why can't you just admit that I'm right?

And Dragonforce bonus songs are never the same as another song on the record, and if they were the album would indicate so.

Dont believe I threw in the towel since I gave a rebuttal to you're last claim, and I never said you were wrong...Emorage+Bad comprehension ftl

the extra song on VotD wasnt but I cant say ive listened to the bonus song on Inhuman Rampage.

Dont forget Lamb of God guys, they ripped "Five Magics" by Megadeth on Hourglass. Listen to it, it's the same fucking riff!!! I think they stole some testament too

Dont believe I threw in the towel since I gave a rebuttal to you're last claim, and I never said you were wrong...Emorage+Bad comprehension ftl

the extra song on VotD wasnt but I cant say ive listened to the bonus song on Inhuman Rampage.

Ohhh, Odin give me strength you're annoying. Why couldn't you just say "Yes, they're the same riff" back at the beginning and saved us all this hassle?

What was the bonus track on Valley, then?

Both songs are on Sonic Firestorm, both songs are clearly labeled, and both songs have almost the same opening riff (they're even in the same key). Why can't you just admit that I'm right?
You are right, tbh. Both good songs, though...
They took the riff from Into the Pit from Testament
Well, if you're gonna take a riff, at least take a good one...
What was the bonus track on Valley, then?
In A Land Where Dragons Rule

Children of Bodom ripped off a shit load of people.

http://www.metal-archives.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=09b545519c482d360b0a8676642bf2a2

The intro of "Deadnight Warrior" is taken from the movie "It" and the intro speech for "The Nail" is taken from the movie "Ben-Hur". The opening riff for "Red Light in My Eyes, Part 2" is from Mozart's Symphony No. 25 and later there's a riff from his Requiem K.626: 'Confutatis'; the intro to Red Light in My Eyes, Part I is from Bach's Two Part Invention No. 13.

At the end of "Touch Like Angel of Death" there is silence, followed a hidden keyboard session (01:19) often refered to as 'Coda', played by Alexi and Alexander (both one hand of the keyboard). Originally, this melody is from Miami Vice.

http://www.metal-archives.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=09b545519c482d360b0a8676642bf2a2

The intro speech for "Warheart" is taken from Milos Forman's "Amadeus". The film is about the life of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and the intro is spoken by Salieri.

The album also includes some Mozart music: Piano Concerto N�20 K.466 appears in "Black Widow" and the "Queen Of The Night Aria" from "The Magic Flute" appears in "Hatebreeder".

The keyboard intro of "Black Widow" is a theme from the TV series "Miami Vice".

Necrophagist ripped off some classical music as well.

Beethoven's Für Elise can be heard at 2:17 and 2:43 of "The Stillborn One," and the outro to "Only Ash Remains" is from Prokofiev's "Romeo and Juliet, Suite No. 2 - Montagues and Capulets."

I'm kind of surprised that bit of info isn't in the metal-archives already, so I submitted it.

Everyone rips off classical music.
Zeppelin ripped off a bunch of blues guys...
BTW, using quotes is different from stealing riffs...
Kataklysm apparently stole a riff from Machine Head on Angels weeping (The Dark) from In The Arms of Devastation.

then there's john fogerty who got sued for ripping off himself

he won the lawsuit, though with the judge saying that he has every right to sound like himself.

You are right, tbh. Both good songs, though...

In A Land Where Dragons Rule

Oh yeah, they're both good songs. Personally, I enjoy listening to Sonic Firestorm the best (when I'm in the mood for Dragonforce; I really don't listen to them all that much anymore).

Damn, I don't think I have the Valley edition with the bonus track. I'm gonna have to get that.

Bands borrowing riffs is nothing new... most of the time, it's not even intentional, it's all subconscious anyway.

I think an Emperor song on either Anthems or Equilibrium XI rips off a Mayhem riff. Although I think they credit Mayhem in the songwriting credits...

I dunno how many bands I've heard that have ripped off the tritone from Black Sabbath.

Although it doesn't really bother me. I like hearing all these different takes or implementations of the same riff. It's fun to compare music like that, IMO.

I think an Emperor song on either Anthems or Equilibrium XI rips off a Mayhem riff. Although I think they credit Mayhem in the songwriting credits...

The first riff to "Ye Entrancemperium" was written by Euronymous. I'm not sure if it was ever used in a Mayhem song, but due credit was given in the Anthems notes.