Roadrunner about Ghost Reveries

I hate to say it but it will be on the net before the release date so all you impatient mofo's can listen to it, Id rather wait, for the same reasons I stated in the Deadwing is leaked thread. (which u can search for when the search this is back)

I'm definitely waiting until I have my own real copy. I don't want to hear a single note beforehand.
Man, these are exciting times, the tension is really building up already... and we're still three months away from the release date. :yell:

i dont understand why people want to wait. I will get it as soon as i can. It's the same music, its not as though owning the cd changes the music in any way.

I will of course buy it when it comes out as well, as i have done with every other opeth release.

I'll do it like with wvery new album of my fav bands; getting everything leaked as soon as possible and buying the original album at the release date.

If the quality is at least 192kb mp3 then I'll download the whole thing, burn it to CD and blast it out of the monitors or headphones. If the album turns out to be good, I'll buy the CD. This is pretty much the process for every album for me.

I think the main reason why I'll wait for it to be officially released is for sentimental reasons, as well as that little bit of morality. It's hard to explain, but for some reason it jsut doens't seem 'right' listening to it before it's supposed to come out. I can do it for any other band, but because they're my favourite band, something makes it 'different'. :erk:

...:cry:

And, everytime i burn a cd or listen to mp3, there's always a reeaallyyy tiny but very noticeable gap between tracks. It sorta ruins some songs for me.

Anarkissed said:
And, everytime i burn a cd or listen to mp3, there's always a reeaallyyy tiny but very noticeable gap between tracks. It sorta ruins some songs for me.

mp3 isn't loseless so there's that gap between tracks. For me it really ruins the albums where some songs are like made together and the second one starts right where the first ended. Like the two first songs Last Journey and Reborn on Grave's new album. I just love the change between those songs but the gap annoys me.

NineFeetUnderground said:
thus...deliverance....was...their....best....at...some.....point??? :erk:

it kind of has to be...

*Guitar World*

so, you're new album, deliverance, is going to be released soon. Followed by damnation, a mellow album, a few months later. are you excited about the new albums?

*mike*

uhh, not really...i'm pretty dissapointed, i think our fans are better off buying more of our old stuff.

Moonlapse said:
If the quality is at least 192kb mp3 then I'll download the whole thing, burn it to CD and blast it out of the monitors or headphones. If the album turns out to be good, I'll buy the CD. This is pretty much the process for every album for me.
Same with me, but since this is Opeth we're talking about, there's no doubt that I will end up buying the album very soon after it's released.

Oh, and anything below 192kbps is nasty. Got that, Trey? You cheap bastard. :Smug:

I will wait for the release date.

its awsome the first time you liten to a cd after waiting for months after its been leaked.

case in point - i waited 4 days after the release of annihilation of the wicked by nile until i heard it. God damn shipping from relapse was gay. But when i put it on it was all worth it

Protip: if you rip to --alt-preset standard (which all good scene groups do nowadays) there's no discernible difference in sound quality between CD and MP3.