Scott Ian: Anthrax's Singer Issues Paved the Way for the Damned Things

So what? It's not like with John Bush they only played his era of material. They still did all of the old stuff live. Plus, James Hetfield lists John Bush as one of his favorite singers of all-time...I bet Metallica (the deciders of this entire tour) would probably prefer John Bush being on tour with them.

It is possible if Bush was still in the band they could have done tbe big 4. The problem is if Anthrax played a bunch of Bushthrax songs the crowd would get very restless. The thrash metal community mainly identifies Anthrax with Joey. Most thrash metal fans started using Anthrax CD's as frisbees after SOWN. IF they played Toast to Extra's on the big 4 they would probably walk out of those arenas on stretchers :lol:

In all seriousness they only way Anthrax can try and capitalize on this big 4 is with Joey and doing the old classic Anthrax material that the majority of those Thrash metal fans want to hear. Even metallica won't be playing too much from load and reload on this tour.

I know the bushthrax fans have a hard time with it. But most old school metal heads don't associate him with Anthrax and if they see him on stage with Anthrax it just wouldn't be the same vibe.

But I do think if John Bush was in the band they could have possibly still been included in the big 4. Though other bands like Testament for example would be a better fit than Bushthrax

Most thrash metal fans started using Anthrax CD's as frisbees after SOWN.
+

'Toast To The Extras':lol:
if Slayer had released that song (Toast) as a regular album-track on 'Diabolus In Musica' they probably would have lost 50% of their fanbase and their integrity in the metal-scene. that is a typical b-side-song like 'Taint', 'Bud E Luvbomb' or 'Startin' Up A Posse', it was a bad decision for a former Thrash metal-band to put this song on an album not as hidden track. the problem with Vol. 8 was that almost the whole album was nothing but a collection of b-sides.

but then someone talked them into sucking it up and doing the Big Four with Joey...

Nope. Bush came back & saved the Sonisphere shows, but would not commit to Assthrax....probably because a) Scott & Charlie threw him under the bus before and b) he did not want to resing Nelson's music in which he had no input.

Joey got the gig by default. Because a) he will resing Nelson's stuff without input and b) he doesn't care they threw him under the bus before.

Think about it.

@vomit: you did a mistake in your signature, it's not Anthrax, 1981-2005, RIP, it's Anthrax, 1981-1993, RIP next song: S.O.D. 'The Ballad Of Anthrax' da da da da, da da da da, da da da da, da da da da they're dead!:lol:

It is possible if Bush was still in the band they could have done tbe big 4. The problem is if Anthrax played a bunch of Bushthrax songs the crowd would get very restless. The thrash metal community mainly identifies Anthrax with Joey. Most thrash metal fans started using Anthrax CD's as frisbees after SOWN. IF they played Toast to Extra's on the big 4 they would probably walk out of those arenas on stretchers :lol:

You do realize that you're talking about 80-90% Metallica crowd? As far as I know that's not really a "thrash metal community".

volume 8 had a couple great songs,inside out obviously stands out,catharsis and harms way r the only other tracks that still stand out for me,was a weak album

Nope. Bush came back & saved the Sonisphere shows, but would not commit to Assthrax....probably because a) Scott & Charlie threw him under the bus before and b) he did not want to resing Nelson's music in which he had no input.

Joey got the gig by default. Because a) he will resing Nelson's stuff without input and b) he doesn't care they threw him under the bus before.

Think about it.

Bush also did the Soundwave shows last year too. Class act all the way to the very end - was great to be able to see him up on stage one last time with Anthrax but it was also very clear to me they desperately needed new material ASAP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgeVnkCFO6I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRV7SIwuHsA

Does the crowd look restless to you? I find the ppl maybe even more agitated than what I saw here the next year.

I am not saying that some audiences didn't like the Bushthrax era. Especially in Europe. In the USA on a Big 4 I can promise you not many thrash metal fans are into Safe Home and what not. Most thrash fans associate Anthrax with the Joey era. That is just how it is. I am not even saying I personally am not sick and tired of hearing Indians and Caught in a Mosh. I am very sick of it. But those are the crowd favorites and the songs that most old school metal heads expect to hear come from Anthrax

I am not trying to slam John Bush, just speaking on behalf of and old school thrash metal fan. I personally want to vomit when I hear Safe Home. Anthrax doing power ballads isn't my thing. But if you like it, and the rest of that audience likes it then more power to you and them. I am just saying I don't think that would go over to well with Slayer fans. But then again Metallica is a pussy band that has a lot of mainstream fans so who knows. I guess there is no point in debating it.