Slate Drums 3.0 at Namm 09

So can SSD do drum augmentation or are we still using Drumagog for that? I suppose we could also use Drum Tracker in conjunction with SSD, but that's a bit of a long way around.

I dunno about you dude, but I found DrumTracker useless with its bugs and retarded workflow integration!
Anyone got SSD 3.0 yet? I'd love to hear initial impressions!

I dunno about you dude, but I found DrumTracker useless with its bugs and retarded workflow integration!
Anyone got SSD 3.0 yet? I'd love to hear initial impressions!

I haven't actually used Drum Tracker because of the way it breaks workflow. I don't really need something to take me 'out' of the track just to be able to replace. Plus integrating via MIDI instead of direct audio replacement... no thanks. Just more unnecessary steps in the equation.

you can find out about the interface at www.stevenslatedrums.com click SSD INTERFACE. We will be replying to all emails this week, and if you have any issues finding an order number or dafs# just email us and don't stress about it.

We do have a minor delay due to some hardware malfunction on our end.. no worries.. we'll be back on track this week.

Sorry to hear about the malfunction, that really sucks! I'll be placing my order soon...

If your using drumagog to convert your drums to midi, then Drumtracker is the shit. I used it for the first time the other day and allthough you have to bounce down all of your drums individual tracks and then import them into drumtracker to convert them to midi, its 100 times more accurate and i think even less time consuming than the drumagog process.

If your using drumagog to convert your drums to midi, then Drumtracker is the shit. I used it for the first time the other day and allthough you have to bounce down all of your drums individual tracks and then import them into drumtracker to convert them to midi, its 100 times more accurate and i think even less time consuming than the drumagog process.

just use aptrigga and ALL your samples are phase-aligned with the mic-tracks as soon as you align ONE of the samples....

with drumagog I always had the problem thatthe phase-ralationship between sample and mic varied from hit to hit

just use aptrigga and ALL your samples are phase-aligned with the mic-tracks as soon as you align ONE of the samples....

with drumagog I always had the problem thatthe phase-ralationship between sample and mic varied from hit to hit

Are you using aptrigga to convert hits to midi? If so how. And can you only import 4 samples into aptrigga? And yes drumagog is cool but not at all consistant. The reason i like drumtracker is the fact that it is accurate and you can convert all the individual drums to midi at once, and then use that midi track to trigger EZdrummer and augment the real drums.

Its about editing, if you are converting a drummers hits to midi for editing purposes, then you will see what a nightmare using the drumagog method is. due to its inaccuracy and all the other midi and audio tracks you have to set up. If someone has a better way of converting hits to midi please let me know.

yessss got my upgrade link last night! slate you are the best!

ahhhhh now i cant wait for it to get here

Quick question for you guys....or for Steve.

Is this new 3.0 VST just like EZdrummer or Super 2.0? In regards to adding a midi file to your project and then using 3.0 or EZdrummer or sup2.0 to play it.....as a virtual instrument?

I have EZdrummer right now with the slate 2.0 LE pack and i use drumagog as the trigger. But i have to use the EZdrummer's cymbals and hats....which i hate. I make my drum loops/beats into midi files and then import it into cubase and use EZdrummer with drumagog to trigger the slate's.....Am i understanding this right , that i would import the midi and have the Slate 3.0 playing the midi (full kit, cymbals and all) instead of having to use EZdrummer and trigger? So its a virtual instrument just like EZdrummer?

Sorry if i confused anyone ...lol