Slate Drums 3.0 at Namm 09

we are selling direct to UK until one of the UK distro houses makes an order. If you want to speed up the process, all UK SSD customers and potential customers can email:
contact@sonic8.com and tell them you are demanding SSD 3.0 in the UK

You're right, for example most drummers can't even tune their drums, play in time/to a click or hit the drums consistantly and use excuses such as "I don't normally play this bad, I'm much better live."

Jesus fucking CHRIST are the drummer jokes old as fuck already.

Ha. We get it... move on. There's shitty musicians on every instrument... shitty engineers behind the consoles... etc.

Haha man I can't get over the fact that I bought 1.5 just a month after the cut-off date for the 'special upgrade'. Might just stick with it. The new kits and such seem great but I can't afford the expenditure with these exchange rates!

Hope you guys have fun with it. I look forward to hearing 100% sequenced drums coming out of this. 'Shootouts' with Superior 2.0 if you will :)

I can't wait till this comes out! I do have one question though, do any of the kits have 4 tom sample sets? Preferably around the 10,12,13,16 size range of the toms? I'm doing some replacing on a 7 piece mapex kit on a particular project.

Also, you have a typo on your page! Under the products section in the DRUMAGOG and WAV paragraph it says "(you can choose with or with overhead)" so many options!:lol:

Jesus fucking CHRIST are the drummer jokes old as fuck already.

Ha. We get it... move on. There's shitty musicians on every instrument... shitty engineers behind the consoles... etc.

There is a lot more of shitty drummers than shitty guitarists/bassists/etc imo. Maybe because it is harder to keep the tempo on drums, or maybe because drums are always loud so you can't just plug cans and practice during the night so drummers generally practice less than other instruments, I don't know. But I heard A LOT more drummers than guitarists that are not tight.

There is a lot more of shitty drummers than shitty guitarists/bassists/etc imo. Maybe because it is harder to keep the tempo on drums, or maybe because drums are always loud so you can't just plug cans and practice during the night so drummers generally practice less than other instruments, I don't know. But I heard A LOT more drummers than guitarists that are not tight.

Every musician sucks... It's a well kown fact that after studios shut down at night... the underpants gnomes take a break from stealing your pants and rerecord everything before dawn!

This is why everything sounds great after having a rest and coming back to the project in the morning!

I'm really happy with Slate 2.0, the samples just sound pro and are head and shoulders above the others for rock/metal. However, I needed to do a bit of EQ to get the drums sounding the way I wanted. If I remove the EQ now, the drums just sound way to raw to my ears, so I'm not sure about the "read to go right out of the box" thing. They actually respond amazingly well to some EQ ... but then again, I'm after a Hammerfall style productuin, so I guess it's par for the course...

Every musician sucks... It's a well kown fact that after studios shut down at night... the underpants gnomes take a break from stealing your pants and rerecord everything before dawn!

This is why everything sounds great after having a rest and coming back to the project in the morning!

Hahahahaha, "Step 1: Steal Underpants. Step 2: ..................... Step 3: Profit!"

are they the same gnomes that are stealing our guitar picks?

we do have three "four tom" sets... if you eq the drums, then this is your taste and its perfectly fine.. NONE of the demos on the page have any eq or additional processing and these sound fine as well.. the outcome is different strokes for different folks..

Moonlapse we'll have units in AUSTRALIA soon so the rate should be ok..

we do have three "four tom" sets... if you eq the drums, then this is your taste and its perfectly fine.. NONE of the demos on the page have any eq or additional processing and these sound fine as well.. the outcome is different strokes for different folks..

Moonlapse we'll have units in AUSTRALIA soon so the rate should be ok..

Steve bro, i sent an email about the upgrade... I no longer have the email address i used for the original purchase and have since moved house(and country!)

I sent my DAFS number, original address (used for purchase but also my new shipping one) and full name... is this enough or am i shit outta luck?

Cheers bro!

you can find out about the interface at www.stevenslatedrums.com click SSD INTERFACE. We will be replying to all emails this week, and if you have any issues finding an order number or dafs# just email us and don't stress about it.

We do have a minor delay due to some hardware malfunction on our end.. no worries.. we'll be back on track this week.