Slipknot,Mudvayne Etc..

you know what? the reason why i am usually in defense of people in this topic is because nearly all of my friends listen to nu-metal. i respect that. yet, all these stereotypes are complete bullshit, my friends are great people, and arent fucking retards like everyone who writes bullshit like that implies. so you know what? in defense of my friends, and most other people in my high school who listened to nu-metal (they weren't bad people as well,), yeah, I do find these stereotypes and fallacies OFFENSIVE. Offensive to my friends, and any other person I know that just listens to that music they like, but take all this bullshit from propoganda like that "article".

in fact these people i know are better than most metalheads because at least they listen to what they like without caring about how "true metalheads" like to percieve them, and they respect other peoples music like mine.... they respect the extreme music that i choose to listen to, and i respect the music that they choose to listen to.

They are cute. ActuaLLY I knew alot of nu metal kids in school and they were all really nice guys. I played some of the stuff I listened to for them and they lkiked it too. People just relieve stress through different way. Like I bought Legacy by Testamet, Darkened Heart by All that remains and King Diamond best of this last week and I listen to all when Im in different moods.

I listen to Nu-Metal as well as traditional metal, black metal, death metal, grindcore, darkwave. The list goes on. I seem to have a rather unique ability to appreciate any form of music which sends across a message. It only seems to me that manufactured crap with no meaning only generally seems to reside in the pop genre. But even then that isn't to say all pop is crap, though a lot of it is nowadays. It's time people became more open minded and attempt to understand other forms of music rather than just labelling it as crap because it is popular or because it is a genre they don't want to be associated with due to stereotyping. But these are the people who create the stereotypes themselves. All these people seem to be feeling low and feel that they can make them selves feel better by making other people feel lower than them. Well I say people who are as closed minded as that can fucking burn in hell. Go slit your fucking wrists, there's no need for closed mindedness in this world. It just corrupts and stunts progression. The world doesn't need people like you. Go and think for a second about what you are and try and be better people.
Oh and if someone still disagrees with my thoughts then at least come back at me with a valid arguement, rather than just saying my views are shit. Thats all you people can do is insult rather than understand.

Hey guess what: almost 99% of us who dislike nu-metal do so because WE DO NOT LIKE THE MUSIC. We find it simplistic, pre-packaged and boring. Given, there are a few nu-metal songs that I find effective... but the same thing goes for pop, country, reggae, etc. For the most part, I find nu-metal and (most) power metal to be highly banal and derivative genres with an extreme lack of originality and substance. I won't automatically dismiss a nu-metal band I've never heard, but chances are it will do absolutely nothing for me.

Since when did not listening to music you dislike become "close-minded"? Must everyone listen to every kind of music under the sun, not because they like it all, but by doing so makes them "open-minded"? Crap is crap, and no one should be forced to listen to it out of threats to their own integrity.

Black Winter Day said:
Hey guess what: almost 99% of us who dislike nu-metal do so because WE DO NOT LIKE THE MUSIC. We find it simplistic, pre-packaged and boring. Given, there are a few nu-metal songs that I find effective... but the same thing goes for pop, country, reggae, etc. For the most part, I find nu-metal and (most) power metal to be highly banal and derivative genres with an extreme lack of originality and substance. I won't automatically dismiss a nu-metal band I've never heard, but chances are it will do absolutely nothing for me.

Since when did not listening to music you dislike become "close-minded"? Must everyone listen to every kind of music under the sun, not because they like it all, but by doing so makes them "open-minded"? Crap is crap, and no one should be forced to listen to it out of threats to their own integrity.
Amen. Well said, indeed.

Black Winter Day said:

THIS is a respectable opinion and post. the "article" that nevermore37284 or whatever posted WASN'T.

Closed minds suck! said:
it is a genre they don't want to be associated with due to stereotyping. But these are the people who create the stereotypes themselves. All these people seem to be feeling low and feel that they can make them selves feel better by making other people feel lower than them.
this is well said as well. i'm sick of the bullshit "mallcore" stereotype.

mudvayne are better than they are given credit for. LD50 is a very good album with mature and experimental song-writing. As for slipknot, I have their new one a spin and was surprised. The band certainly doesn't lack talent. There are guitar solos on the new album. Not pussy ones either, very shred-tastic. Almost sound Loomis-influenced. The main lead player is a very good guitarist into "twu" metal and it shows on the newie.

i dont care what kind of music people listen 2...if they like the music they shopuld listen to it and dont listen to old metalhead retards that say i you listen to that you are fake... damn music is for entertainment not for war...

oh and the solo's on the new slipknot album aren't that hard to play
still i think he is a good guitarplayer but certainly not in my top 50 guitarplayers...

and emotional solo's are mostly more difficult then very fast ones

and jeff loomis uses those 2 combined ...but still he isnt in my top10 :p

try to listen to steve vai or joe satriani for...well u'll probaply hate that kind of music

...but like im gonna care..later

dude I've been playing guitar for around seven years and I play Satriani and Vai, as well as Becker and Malmsteen and various classical stuff. I wasn't saying the playing on the new slipknot album was awesome or anything, but it sure did surprise the hell outta me. I made the loomis reference cause in one song it does sound very loomisie as far as shredding goes and that's what sprung to mind. And I know they're easy to play. So is most of Loomis' stuff as long as you learn his scales and binge on caffeine.

Be careful before you stereotype dude. Vai and Satch are two of my favourite artists. I remember ages ago when I learnt "for the love of god" on my old piece of shit guitar, that was awesome, it took me forever and was probably the first hard song I learnt to play. I'm learning "windows to the soul" at the moment, it's a cunt of a thing :)

When A man loves a woman comes on I dont turn the radio down. HAHAH actually yes I do, Mudvayne I turn it off for hope to forget what Ive just heard.