Someone else agrees Spiderman was overrated.....

do you guys think that this new Amazing Spiderman film will be better or worse than the first one?

I will eat my hat if they finally do get around to the Aliens/Predator thing.

:fu:

I was let down by the Dolph Lundgren Punisher vehicle, back in '89....but it is now one of my faves on dvd. it is ULTRA violent compared to the watered down matrix-esque crap out there today. Personally I liked SPIDER-MAN, as a Sam Raimi picture. However, his best work was The Gift w/ Darkman a close second....

On a better note, hella many films are FINALLY in production that will rule ass. Listen to this....

BAT-MAN vs SUPERMAN no contest
ALIENS vs PREDATOR sucked
FREDDY vs JASON great!
HULK sucked
DAREDEVIL fucking sucked
X MEN 2 ok
SPY HUNTER
and my fave GHOST RIDER almost as bad as daredevil

All of these movies are out of limbo and finally in pre or post production, and I couldn't be more happy.

I'll see it. I'm a massive Spidey freak, but it's too soon for a re-boot. I hope this time around the get Venom right at least. (Venom and Carnage....best super villans EVER)
The idea of a new Spawn production has me totally stoked though.

"Website My DVD Insider caught up with comic artists legend Todd McFarlane, who was very open when talking about his plans for an R-rated Spawn reboot. After jokingly acknowledging that "Spawn" fans of the '90s are now old enough to see an R-rated film, he updated the status of the screenplay:

"I'm three quarters through it," he explains. "I'll finish it and put it on a shelf for about a week. What usually happens is, I come back to it so I can see all the flaws. I do a rewrite and there's a first draft at that point."

Speaking on studio interest, McFarlane is iron first on his demands: he will only make it if he can write, produce, direct (probably so Spawn doesn't end up with a nose, again).

"[A few studios have phoned me to talk about the project] and when I walk into these pitch meetings, I go here's the story. I give them the broad strokes. Then I go, here's the non-negotiable part: I write, produce, direct. That's it," he states adding that it WILL be low budget, therefore he might as well be the "schmuck" who directs it.

Lastly, on the plot: "In this new version, there are no supervillains, archenemies or any of that. It's just a spook movie, something scary going bump in the night.""

Aleksi_ClassicalSpawn_bazar_poster.JPG

Lastly, on the plot: "In this new version, there are no supervillains, archenemies or any of that. It's just a spook movie, something scary going bump in the night.""[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Sounds good. That first movie was ok, but they need to make it MUCH darker.

I thought that Spawn movie was really shallow and just plain boring. One of the few good things in it was Manson's song The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell.

I'm excited to hear that McFarlane is doing a Spawn movie. Spawn deserves to be a great film!

On the subject of movies based on comics, I think that first Blade is still the best out of them all. The Punisher Warzone was very good, much better than the first one and X-Men First Class was much much better than it deserved to be!

Punisher Warzone was very good, much better than the first one

the rights to the Frank Castle/Punisher character have already reverted back to Disney, meaning that there's now going to be a brand new Punisher movie that will take place in the same "movie universe" as IronMan, IronMan 2, Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers movie

I'll see it. I'm a massive Spidey freak, but it's too soon for a re-boot. I hope this time around the get Venom right at least. (Venom and Carnage....best super villans EVER)
The idea of a new Spawn production has me totally stoked though.

"Website My DVD Insider caught up with comic artists legend Todd McFarlane, who was very open when talking about his plans for an R-rated Spawn reboot. After jokingly acknowledging that "Spawn" fans of the '90s are now old enough to see an R-rated film, he updated the status of the screenplay:

"I'm three quarters through it," he explains. "I'll finish it and put it on a shelf for about a week. What usually happens is, I come back to it so I can see all the flaws. I do a rewrite and there's a first draft at that point."

Speaking on studio interest, McFarlane is iron first on his demands: he will only make it if he can write, produce, direct (probably so Spawn doesn't end up with a nose, again).

"[A few studios have phoned me to talk about the project] and when I walk into these pitch meetings, I go here's the story. I give them the broad strokes. Then I go, here's the non-negotiable part: I write, produce, direct. That's it," he states adding that it WILL be low budget, therefore he might as well be the "schmuck" who directs it.

Lastly, on the plot: "In this new version, there are no supervillains, archenemies or any of that. It's just a spook movie, something scary going bump in the night.""

my big problem with the first movie was the bad casting, everytime i re-watch it, i just end-up spending the entire movie imagining how awesome a scene-for-scene, word-for-word copy could be with a better cast, IMO the only actor casted properly in that movie was John Leguizamo as Clown/the Violator, and the last few times i watched it, i kept thinking that Charlie Sheen would be perfect for the character that was played by Martin Sheen

the rights to the Frank Castle/Punisher character have already reverted back to Disney, meaning that there's now going to be a brand new Punisher movie that will take place in the same "movie universe" as IronMan, IronMan 2, Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers movie

Well that sucks. I mean I hope the new film will be good, but The Punisher by Disney?

Well that sucks. I mean I hope the new film will be good, but The Punisher by Disney?

Disney won't control the content of the movie, they'll just be in charge of "distributing" it, Marvel will still control the content, same as they did for IronMan, Thor, Hulk Re-boot, Captain America, Punisher movie won't look like a "Disney movie"
the only thing Disney might do is insist that their Punisher movie be rated PG-13 instead of R, a PG-13 Punisher movie could still be decent, maybe

Disney won't control the content of the movie, they'll just be in charge of "distributing" it, Marvel will still control the content, same as they did for IronMan, Thor, Hulk Re-boot, Captain America, Punisher movie won't look like a "Disney movie"
the only thing Disney might do is insist that their Punisher movie be rated PG-13 instead of R, a PG-13 Punisher movie could still be decent, maybe

I see. Didn't know that all those movies were under Disney's umberella. I'm fine with PG-13 but The Punisher needs to be fucking violent and merciless!!

I see. Didn't know that all those movies were under Disney's umberella. I'm fine with PG-13 but The Punisher needs to be fucking violent and merciless!!

punisher movie is prolly going to be violent and merciless, Disney will completely finance it and get a huge amount of the profits so they don't want to do anything that will loose money

I heard that it will be more of a "Frank Castle" movie rather then a "Punisher" movie

I'd really like to see a proper filming of 'Year One'. To me that's a story that can't fail, no way. They don't even need cgi or whatever to do this, just some good actors and good storytelling. Then I saw The Punisher movie with that Deep Blue Sea-guy...what a waste. :(