Someone else agrees Spiderman was overrated.....

That X-Men Wolverine origins movie was actually pretty good.
I agree but we never had a Wolverine origin movie before.
Parker gets bit by a radioactive spider, we've all seen that before and pretty much everyone (even non comic geeks) get that by now. I don't see the need to redo his origin again considering it was done not that long ago and was one of the highest grossing films in history.

There are very few quality superhero movies in general, though, IMO.
The Batman reboot and the X-men films are notable exeptions.

I didn't really enjoy the Raimi directed Spiderman films either. Just too glossy and polished with fluffy looking CGI.

I'd rather watch some South Korean mind benders. Oldboy, for instance. Pure genius.

I thought the first Iron Man was pretty good. Didn't really enjoy the second one that much. Thor was ok, but nothing special. Slightly overrated, in my opinion. I've not seen Captain America, and I'm in no hurry to do so. Not particularly fond of the actor who plays the lead (can't remember his name). I find him quite dull and uncharismatic. I've seen him in one good movie though. Danny Boyles's Sunshine.

As far as the Avengers movie goes, I've not got high hopes. Sticking a bunch of superheroes in the same picture has been done before with mixed results. It will probably end up as a pile of CGI wankery at best, and the character development of origin movies will probably be replaced by a reliance on stereotypes.

There are very few quality superhero movies in general, though, IMO.
genius.

Got to agree here - they are all pretty bad - The last two Batman ones being exceptions. All have the same old plot. Leave superhero stuff for children.

Mind you the Transformers drivel is on a whole new sub-level of crud.

As far as the Avengers movie goes, I've not got high hopes. Sticking a bunch of superheroes in the same picture has been done before with mixed results. It will probably end up as a pile of CGI wankery at best, and the character development of origin movies will probably be replaced by a reliance on stereotypes.

I disagree. It's not just sticking a bunch of superheroes together, it's the fucking Avengers! With Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury! Tim Burton's Harvey Dent legacy lives on! Also, there's no need for character development since all of the characters have already been well established in their own movies.

That said, I'm not expecting a five star masterpiece, just some good action fun.

...but I'm not happy at all that Edward Norton isn't playing Bruce Banner. He was perfect dammit!

Leave superhero stuff for children.

Never! It's all in the mind. I'm 26 years old, and still a proud comic book nerd! It's cool that I actually have something to talk about with my six year old godchild. What's even more cool is that now I get to have real tattoos of superheroes instead of those temporary ones.

(I have Wolverine, Batman, Spider-Man, Stupendous Man, Donatello from TMNT, and Homer and Bart Simpson, a Simpsonized me...still need to get Spawn, Venom, ...)

Never! It's all in the mind. I'm 26 years old, and still a proud comic book nerd! It's cool that I actually have something to talk about with my six year old godchild. What's even more cool is that now I get to have real tattoos of superheroes instead of those temporary ones.

(I have Wolverine, Batman, Spider-Man, Stupendous Man, Donatello from TMNT, and Homer and Bart Simpson, a Simpsonized me...still need to get Spawn, Venom, ...)

i have the bat symbol tattooed on my left upper arm, and i'm getting this

http://www.berlinwallpaper.com/Murals/York_HP/SpidermanAccent2.jpg

tatooed as a full-back-peice

I have zero interest in seeing Spider-Man's birth for the 100th time.

It was so good I fell asleep watching it in the theater. Hugh Jackman was a great Wolverine, as usual, but they totally ruined Deadpool. They portrayed Deadpool almost as badly as in Spider-Man 3.

4th Spiderman movie hasn't even hit theaters yet and already it's been decided that 7th spiderman movie will be yet another origin story :bah:

Ryan Renolds playing Wade Wilson was actually perfect up untill the end where they did the whole part about "weapon X" being "roman numeral ten" with Wade Wilson becoming "roman numeral eleven" after that point, Deadpool sucked

4th Spiderman movie hasn't even hit theaters yet and already it's been decided that 7th spiderman movie will be yet another origin story :bah:

Ryan Renolds playing Wade Wilson was actually perfect up untill the end where they did the whole part about "weapon X" being "roman numeral ten" with Wade Wilson becoming "roman numeral eleven" after that point, Deadpool sucked

Yep. Deadpool doesn't talk trash? That's just wrong.

I dont care much for the superhero movies, I only liked the Punisher movies and X-men Wolverine, but 7 Spider Man movies? Might as well do another fuckin Leprechaun or Jason movie..