Spider Man 2

i did actually write a long review of it somewhere on ultimatemetal, i'm just too lazy to find it

Nolan's Batman movies may be good for superhero movies, but they are still over-rated.
Yes, the Joker in TDK was a really interesting and captivating character... but outside of that, the movie really isn't that spectacular.

Nolan's Batman movies may be good for superhero movies, but they are still over-rated.
Yes, the Joker in TDK was a really interesting and captivating character... but outside of that, the movie really isn't that spectacular.

At least they are watchable unlike these Spiderman movies. The batman movies would of been even better if they would of allowed an R rating.

Indeed. That seems to be the kicker for action films. Cutting back the edginess that makes them interesting just to get that young adult rating. I don't think that stuff really matters anymore, yet the production houses still slave to it.

BTW, agree about Spider-Man being unwatchably campy. Haven't seen the new one though, on account of it being a reboot. Still, Nolan proved that can work once in a rare while.

I really enjoyed Batman Begins, possibly more than The Dark Knight.

The Spiderman movies were extremely lame, and Toby Maguire didn't fit the character well at all. I doubt I'll see the new one, even if the acting is better.

I really enjoyed Batman Begins, possibly more than The Dark Knight.

Same here.

It is elegantly made and has an introspective depth almost never seen in your typical blockbuster superhero movie. To make things better, Zimmer understood this uniqueness and reflected in the music.

In fact 'elegance' is the word I feel best describes what I like about Nolan's style. Just watch Batman Begins, The Prestige, and Inception.

yeah, i know everyone will think i'm nuts but, for me personally
batman begins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the dark knight

Saw Cloud Atlas last night. I liked it, although I wasn't really sure what to expect going in, and it took a while before I really got interested in the film. It seems a lot longer than it already is. I'd definitely watch it again. Maybe I'll read the book too.

Book of course is always better. But with this film, they really nailed the feel of the book. The only major change is the organization of the different parts to make them concurrent with the cuts.

I definitely want to read it. I did look in our local bookstore, but I couldn't find it, so I'll just check on amazon or something.