Steve Jobs is Dead

Fuck...All the great Computer wizzes of the 70's-90's are dying off :,(

I don't think anyone here truly knows if Jobs was a good man or a bad man. We can't use ex employees quotes on blogs as truth. Seems like all you can really say is RIP and try and be respectful, anything else is out of line.

yeah really?
well it's a known all over the world the way he worked, he wasn't an easy guy, period.
I can say RIP if you want, but I'm not saying RIP to an angel

i met steve jobs at a TED event in monterey about 5 years ago... i was wearing a stones "some girls" tee shirt. he said to me, "nice shirt, my favorite album!" ...i didn't realize who said it until i saw him again sitting in front of me at the al gore climate discussion.

after the address, i stood up and steve turned to me and noticed my tee shirt again and sparked a conversation with me about the shirt and the stones. naturally i reciprocated in the pleasant conversation (tangents) about rock-n-roll, life, hate, love etc etc.

the one encounter i was lucky to've had, in person with steve jobs was a pleasant one. he was loquacious yet humble and more importantly he was honest and friendly to a complete stranger.

if it is indeed possible to rest in peace, may steve do so. :)

i met steve jobs at a TED event in monterey about 5 years ago... i was wearing a stones "some girls" tee shirt. he said to me, "nice shirt, my favorite album!" ...i didn't realize who said it until i saw him again sitting in front of me at the al gore climate discussion.

after the address, i stood up and steve turned to me and noticed my tee shirt again and sparked a conversation with me about the shirt and the stones. naturally i reciprocated in the pleasant conversation (tangents) about rock-n-roll, life, hate, love etc etc.

the one encounter i was lucky to've had, in person with steve jobs was a pleasant one. he was loquacious yet humble and more importantly he was honest and friendly to a complete stranger.

SOME GIRLS is his fav album? what? there are some cool songs, but woah.

not that i had questioned him on the subject but, i believe he was referring to his favorite stones record... but as impetuous as steve jobs is, (or was known to be) i wouldn't doubt if he stuck to his guns on that one.

definitely one of my favorite 'stones' records, for sure!

yeah really?
well it's a known all over the world the way he worked, he wasn't an easy guy, period.
I can say RIP if you want, but I'm not saying RIP to an angel

Nobody's an angel, get over it.

LOL! It always thrills me to see these "omg my favorite celeb is an asshole!!" videos. People are sometimes in a good mood, sometimes in a bad mood, those moods will be exaggerated when you're a public figure, and when you're living constantly under the scope of the press you're much more likely to blow up in front of the cameras. And he was running one of the biggest businesses in the world, you don't expect him to always happy and loving and hug every one of his workers do you? He probably had the biggest pressures a human being could sustain, and in a crazy, commonly related way that's probably what gave him his cancer.

That's a beautiful story, thank you for sharing it :headbang:

You sir, are a legend.

Nobody's an angel, get over it.

You read too much into it... I meant there are good person and some others that are not. He wasn't.
Treating your co-workers or your employees in a bad way is not something good.
Never heard of mr gates being an asshole.
As I said just read what there's on the websites or the internet in general and you'll get the picture.
It's a fact that he wasn't always a good guy...

You read too much into it... I meant there are good person and some others that are not. He wasn't.
Treating your co-workers or your employees in a bad way is not something good.
Never heard of mr gates being an asshole.
As I said just read what there's on the websites or the internet in general and you'll get the picture.
It's a fact that he wasn't always a good guy...

I'd like to hear about one CEO of a successful company that was always a "good guy".

Gates? His buddy that wrote DOS got how much? And how much did IBM pay Bill for the software? Gimme a break.

C'mon....Jobs was a MAN, a good CEO, a good Business and Marketing man that did the right things in the right moment. He grew up professionaly in the 70s/80s and it was the best years for the computers. But that's all.
It's a week that every newspaper, news, etc... is speaking about Jobs like he was Jesus christ, a hero.... c'mon!!!! He was a man!

I'd like to hear about one CEO of a successful company that was always a "good guy".

Gates? His buddy that wrote DOS got how much? And how much did IBM pay Bill for the software? Gimme a break.

Exactly my point, nobody's an angel, even less a succesful CEO of the level of Jobs and Gates.

C'mon....Jobs was a MAN, a good CEO, a good Business and Marketing man that did the right things in the right moment. He grew up professionaly in the 70s/80s and it was the best years for the computers. But that's all.
It's a week that every newspaper, news, etc... is speaking about Jobs like he was Jesus christ, a hero.... c'mon!!!! He was a man!

Some people seem to underestimate how important some people's achievements are, no he wasn't the only person in Apple, but he was the head for many years and certainly pioneered those technologies, and if you deny the impact apple has had on the world, you are blind, even if you've never used an Apple computer or an iPod. I'm not a "defender of the dead" or anything, no I'm not saying you should worship him and mourn him, but it just gets me when people complain about a dead person reaching the news. He was a public figure, and respected by many, of course he'll be on the news for a while. Yes, he was a man, EVERYBODY'S A MAN. Nobody is Jesus Christ, so public figures like him will be the closest to a Jesus Christ hero. And nobody's a hero either, no famous actor/singer/CEO is a hero, real heroes are people who save lives, not who often go to africa and sign autographs. And you saying he just happened to be lucky to grow up in the age of computers? Billions grew up in the age of computers, a very select few did what he did, so I find that argument a bit retarded.

No offense, just expressing my thoughts freely

The fact of the matter is that wether you like the guy (or Apple) or not, the business/marketing strategies and techniques he developed and/or perfected will be taught in university courses and masters programs for years to come.

I know the importance of Steve Jobs, I know his history,etc... what I don't undestand is the whole veneration of these days. As I said he was a great business man, a genius for some aspects, but....also a lucky man. Because he did the right thing (ex. a phone with touch screen) right before everything else...but Apple was not the only brand that was projecting a touch screen device. He was without a doubt incredible in everything he did....always with the right motivation. He was also fired by Apple because the company didn't work those days...so he was not infallible.
But All the veneration of these days make me laugh so much....it's like sleeping 20 hours in front of an Apple store waiting for a new phone, ipad...or simply because a new Apple store will open. It's sick in my opinion.
I'm an Apple guy.

::XeS:: said:
I know the importance of Steve Jobs, I know his history,etc... what I don't undestand is the whole veneration of these days. As I said he was a great business man, a genius for some aspects, but....also a lucky man. Because he did the right thing (ex. a phone with touch screen) right before everything else...but Apple was not the only brand that was projecting a touch screen device. He was without a doubt incredible in everything he did....always with the right motivation. He was also fired by Apple because the company didn't work those days...so he was not infallible.
But All the veneration of these days make me laugh so much....it's like sleeping 20 hours in front of an Apple store waiting for a new phone, ipad...or simply because a new Apple store will open. It's sick in my opinion.
I'm an Apple guy.

I understand what you're saying, except I don't think he was lucky, he knew exactly what he was doing and how to do it. But I won't get into that argument, I do agree it's crazy to wait 20 hours in front of a store for a new iPad, I've never done that and never will, but in the end, it was jobs and his company who created that "snobness" for Apple, his ideas were so effective you can clearly see the results, such as people waiting 20 hours in front if a store to get that precious item you so desperately need to have. Yes, people are stupid, and any businessman in any field mist know, acknowledge and work that fact in your favor. And him, and his company, were no doubt the best at that.

Yes I'm with you...he creates this elitism and the big hype for every project. I say lucky because in my opinion there is also a % of luckyness when you are a leader...it's the same also when a team wins the world champion or a driver wins the F1 championship....it's not only that but there is a %. So luckyness, ideas and a genius create a big success.

He was great to sell you the same shit that has been done years and years before.
OSX is basically NextSTEP with better graphics and new apps.
For all of you who don't know what's nextstep just google or look for some video about Steve showing off a nextstep pc
Marketing wise a pure genius

Everything is 50% luck vs 50% knowledge/motivation.
People putting flowers near every Apple store gives me the creeps..yuk!
Get real, he was just a business entrepreneur with some nice ideas.
If he did invent it, somebody else would've.

I'm a 100% Mac guy. No PC will roam my house, but the whole Steve Jobs is dead hysteria is a bit stupid, again, get real.