Steven Slate Drums: Chris Lord-Alge Expansion

SSD CLA snare and toms (well, a lot of the sound is coming from the overheads etc, but the samples are at least blended in quite a bit)

Last edited by a moderator:
SSD CLA snare and toms (well, a lot of the sound is coming from the overheads etc, but the samples are at least blended in quite a bit)

great sound! how did you get such a big guitar sound from that tiny cab :loco:

i remember reading something about Bob Clearmountain using only snare top drum samples :confused: maybe that helps getting that big, tight, clean sound.

I'll say that I've found, as Stephen suggeted, that a heavy handed high-shelf turns the toms into awesome.

Great.. I finally get not one but TWO kind things from Jeff in one month... right before the world is about to end. Just my luck! :D

Cheers,
Steven

Can someone post more clips with CLA pack, please?

Here's a tune from a EP I just recorded and mixed this past week. I was testing these out and only used the CLA samples on everything but the kick. (the kick is CLA blended with an older slate kick)
I gotta say I only bought this for the snares and wasn't expecting much from the toms(based on previous comments) but I really like them. The kicks are great too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ad0gkxwnsd4lkoa/IED BORN TO KILL FINAL MIX.wav

forgot to mention it's a real drummer,just sample replaced toms, snare, and kick

I used the CLA pack blended on the snare and original SSD4 / SSD4 deluxe on the toms on this Divinity tribute track:

That snare sounds awesome. What are you using for the kick/cymbals?

Last edited by a moderator: