Steven Slate Drums: Chris Lord-Alge Expansion

I am pretty pissed. I don't normally complain about specials, but Stephen told us that this was the special price. I bought this products thinking that it will go up end of January, and due to it being new he would not play this stunt again and drop the introductory price. I own every product of his: ssd, trigger (both plat), vtm, vcc, so hopefully he gives the people who paid the full price a coupon toward vbc. I hope you are reading these last few posts Stephen, shit move!!! I know you will come up with an excuse though.

I bought it for $149 and it's $99 now...I'm mean wtf?
Very rude and unprofessional from Steven :mad:
Really disappointed at the moment, since he told and i QUOTE:

"right now we are doing an intro special on the CLA packs for $149 each. After the intro price ends on January 1st, I'll consider making the TRIGGER pack a bit cheaper at $199 instead of $249, thanks"

This. That was actually part of what made me buy it at the time. If the price was going up, I wanted to take the opportunity to get it cheap because I thought the "Regular" price that it was going up to was a bit steep.

This. That was actually part of what made me buy it at the time. If the price was going up, I wanted to take the opportunity to get it cheap because I thought the "Regular" price that it was going up to was a bit steep.

Same here! Eventually I would buy it even for $249 but this was kinda "fraud".

i feel like i've been raped.. i've always been waiting to buy any Slate product for this reason. I understand he already finished paying Chris (with my 149$) and he can now lower the price but this is the first and last time.

Steven never lied to anyone. The price is still going up on January 1st. He just decided to offer a sale (for a few days) on top of an introductory price.

You decide that 20k is a good price for a 2012 Honda Accord, so you go to the dealership and finance a 2012 Honda Accord at 20k. You are very happy with the deal that you got for a couple days, until you see a commercial for the same dealership selling the same car at 18k "and get $2,000.00 cash back!"

Do you wish you would have waited a few days? Yes. Are you pissed at the dealership for ripping you off? NO!

Was 20k a good value for the car 3 days ago? Yes.

Is 20k still a good value for the car today? The answer should still be yes.

Slate Digital releases some really pretty amazing sounding products at a very reasonable price. Sometimes they are offered at an even better price. No company in the world is going to let people know in advance about their sales. It would halt their business until the day of the sale.

Similar to Apple keeping their product releases a secret. If you buy an iPhone 5, 2 days before the iPhone 6 is announced, have you been ripped off? Is Apple committing 'fraud' or being 'unprofessional' by letting you buy an iphone 5?

Does anybody have any input on the Deluxe Trigger expansion? At $49 It seems like a much better deal than the Nicholas Cage, errr I mean CLA expansion.

I played with them both for a while last night. I think they both sound really good, so Deluxe might be a better deal since it's cheaper. I think CLA is a little more "Radio Friendly" sounding I guess? The sound samples on their site sound exactly like loading up a preset kit and clicking a "groove" if that helps.

I agree with this guy. I bought stuff that has gone down in price days later.

As per usual, Slate is a target because he posts here. Waves dropped the prices of a lot of their plugins and bundles lately to silly prices and nobody said a word. Time for people to get off the 'Slate Hate' bandwagon that they're on.

I never have said any hate comments about slate, the opposite I would say. Your analogies don't represent what happened here. First of all waves did not release a brand new product at an introductory price, instead these bundles are very old. This is a new product and slate himself said that this is the "special introductory price" before it is increased in January, then decides to discount. I highly doubt that you have bought the expansion, considering your reply. If you have read all slates post about this new pack he clearly indicated that this was the special price. It is only $50, which is nothing, but still is false advertising.

Honda release new car, care dealer says that this is the lowest price, it will be increased in one month time. This is in every paper and is specific for this car dealership. Two weeks later, that same dealership decreases the car by unknown amounts. That is false advertising to me. I think if you we're the guy buying that car you would be pissed.

I buy his products on the day they are released, I don't ever remembering him doing this before, if so the products were discounted a long time after their release not after the introductory price.

As i bought them when they were at their lowest ($99) i dont feel so bad like all of you lol.
however, it does seem like a dick move BECAUSE he said it would go back up and WHO LOWERS THE PRICE AFTER THE INTRODUCTORY PRICE? NOBODY!

now onto the samples - is it just me, or is everything tuned too high and lacks any balls? how are you guys processing these?

I highly doubt that you have bought the expansion, considering your reply.

Well done genius, read about 10 posts up and I said that I was gonna buy them on Monday.

The overreaction of some people is laughable though. Yeah, $50 difference.. and yes, he said it'd be going up in January, but it's not like he's cut them down to like $50 for the package. I'd spend more than $50 on a night out drinking and think nothing of it so if I had bought it, I'd be all like "d'oh, wish I'd waited" but wouldn't be too pissed about it.

As someone rightly pointed out, he wouldn't advertise that he was gonna drop prices again.

He said he'd be putting them up at the end of January which was why I was in no rush to get them until I got paid. Waiting has paid off for me.

As i bought them when they were at their lowest ($99) i dont feel so bad like all of you lol.
however, it does seem like a dick move BECAUSE he said it would go back up and WHO LOWERS THE PRICE AFTER THE INTRODUCTORY PRICE? NOBODY!

now onto the samples - is it just me, or is everything tuned too high and lacks any balls? how are you guys processing these?

I always think that about Slate toms.. tuned way too high. It's a shame they don't offer different tunings. Would be pretty sweet. The pitch wheel on Trigger is ok about 10 either side, but after that it sounds a bit wonky.

Well done genius, read about 10 posts up and I said that I was gonna buy them on Monday.

The overreaction of some people is laughable though. Yeah, $50 difference.. and yes, he said it'd be going up in January, but it's not like he's cut them down to like $50 for the package. I'd spend more than $50 on a night out drinking and think nothing of it so if I had bought it, I'd be all like "d'oh, wish I'd waited" but wouldn't be too pissed about it.

As someone rightly pointed out, he wouldn't advertise that he was gonna drop prices again.

He said he'd be putting them up at the end of January which was why I was in no rush to get them until I got paid. Waiting has paid off for me.

Please shut up, as you're totally missing the point here constantly. 99% of people probably don't care the money here. As Josh wrote, it's about the principle and serious lack of respect for customers.

Hopefully this thing gets a bit more publicity, just to show what a weezel Slate is.

Actually, if you got in on the sale quick enough. You could add both the SSD and Trigger pack to your cart and it cut the price of both in half to $49 each. I got both for $98, but they fixed the bug literally seconds later. So yes, some people DID get it for $50

Either way, I see how people are pissed, Steven did say it wouldn't go any lower, and in fact, would go up. Whether people love the samples or not is irrelevant. The false advertisement is why people are so angry.

Actually, if you got in on the sale quick enough. You could add both the SSD and Trigger pack to your cart and it cut the price of both in half to $49 each. I got both for $98, but they fixed the bug literally seconds later. So yes, some people DID get it for $50

Yup, I'm pretty sure I payed $200 for the CLA samples for Trigger + SSD4, and I already thought that price was high for what you actually get. I don't remember when, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was within the last 30 days. Just because I have money to spare doesn't mean I like throwing it in the trashcan (or someone else's pockets). Some of us had been screwed in the past, so we tried to make sure that wouldn't happen again, but... it took only a month. It's just disrespectful.

Deluxe isn't really aimed towards modern sounds, it's more of a Jazzy kinda pack, very natural sounding.

Sure, they are. They just need processing. So does the CLA pack. I'm pretty sure I like the Deluxe sounds better than the CLA pack. I don't like many of Slate's products, really.... hated FG-X (sold it) and have 0 interest in all of these console/analog/warm & fuzzy coloration plugins... but the Deluxe samples are pretty sweet.