Steven Slate Drums: Chris Lord-Alge Expansion

You guys are gonna be pissed.

CLA expansions are now on sale till Jan 1st. $99

BOUGHT!

Though I HATE that I'm going to have to now use the new GUI.

:lol:

Gave me a chuckle too when I read the email.

Think I might buy it, cause at $99, it's actually a reasonable price now.

Sucks for all the guys that bought it before, though.

+1 to new GUI. That's the main reason I haven't used SSD4 since its release. I bought it, played with the new GUI and then promptly bought S2.0 :lol:

Dunno why everyone complains about Kontakt; I found it super intuitive to use with 3.5, but I really just can't get on with the 4.0 plugin.

Woah... Steven I think you need to take a look at your shopping cart system... When I added the SSD4 pack and the Trigger pack to my cart, it dropped the price to $49 a piece. I just paid a total of $147 for CLA Trigger, CLA SSD4, and Trigger Deluxe.

Weird, I got no such screen after paying with PayPal. I guess they DID send me an email though, but Slate is using a new automated email address and it got sent to my Spam folder for some reason!

Buy it now before it returns to full price. Then drop it immediately after we buy it? Slate you fucking worm. Last money you'll get from me!

One way to look at it.
You could also be just happy about your purchase, if it makes your mixes better

I own it and don't really use it or even like it all that much compared to Metal Machine or various other samples I have, but that's not really the point.

Put it in perspective. It's a brand new product. It just came out a month ago, and we were told that the price was going UP after the initial period... not down. Think about it. They came out with it around Black Friday/Cyber Monday (the biggest sales time of the year for most businesses), and they purposely lied to the early adopters, making them think that was the best deal they were going to get (so, they might as well jump on it if they're interested). Then, after getting money from that first group of people, they immediately slash prices to pull in everyone who was too cheap to initially buy it...

I have money. I can afford to overpay for things now and then. It's not about the money. It's about principle. It's fucking obnoxious how they milk every single possible price point instead of simply having pride in their product, picking a price they believe it's worth, and sticking to it. Time after time they prove that they have a complete lack of respect for their customers. I was already hesitant to give them any more money when I was thinking about buying this. Now, I REALLY don't want to ever give them my money again.

I own it and don't really use it or even like it all that much compared to Metal Machine or various other samples I have, but that's not really the point.

Put it in perspective. It's a brand new product. It just came out a month ago, and we were told that the price was going UP after the initial period... not down. Think about it. They came out with it around Black Friday/Cyber Monday (the biggest sales time of the year for most businesses), and they purposely lied to the early adopters, making them think that was the best deal they were going to get (so, they might as well jump on it if they're interested). Then, after getting money from that first group of people, they immediately slash prices to pull in everyone who was too cheap to initially buy it...

I have money. I can afford to overpay for things now and then. It's not about the money. It's about principle. It's fucking obnoxious how they milk every single possible price point instead of simply having pride in their product, picking a price they believe it's worth, and sticking to it. Time after time they prove that they have a complete lack of respect for their customers. I was already hesitant to give them any more money when I was thinking about buying this. Now, I REALLY don't want to ever give them my money again.

:kickass:

I bought it for $149 and it's $99 now...I'm mean wtf?
Very rude and unprofessional from Steven :mad:
Really disappointed at the moment, since he told and i QUOTE:

"right now we are doing an intro special on the CLA packs for $149 each. After the intro price ends on January 1st, I'll consider making the TRIGGER pack a bit cheaper at $199 instead of $249, thanks"

If the price is going back up to crazy amounts, I wanna get it now. But if it's only going up a little for the Trigger files, I wanna wait. I am so confused!!!!

I bought it for $149 and it's $99 now...I'm mean wtf?
Very rude and unprofessional from Steven :mad:
Really disappointed at the moment, since he told and i QUOTE:

"right now we are doing an intro special on the CLA packs for $149 each. After the intro price ends on January 1st, I'll consider making the TRIGGER pack a bit cheaper at $199 instead of $249, thanks"

+1000.

Also early adopter myself. Fuck you Slate. Last purchase from you, ever.