Steven Slate Drums: Chris Lord-Alge Expansion

It's just under double the price of Rock Solid for more than twice the shell choices and I'm willing to bet the cymbals don't suck complete ass like in RS. I don't think the price is too far-fetched but I do now wish I had SSD4 to run it. :lol:

wow, great video. bet this will sell like hot cakes despite the price tag.
out of most elite mixers, I'd have never expected chris to do this kind of thing. I have always felt that he was very secretive about his techniques and sounds (despite being the perhaps most-interviewed mix engineer ever).
kudos to steven for getting CLA and hopefully many other famous mix engineers on board.

Despite the price tag? :) $149 for all those kits recorded and mixed by CLA? :)

The problem is that I spoil you guys with SSD4 Platinum being so cheap. Superior Drummer comes with 1/12th of the kits for $99 MORE than SSD4.

The CLA kit adds some amazing new samples and kits to your SSD and TRIGGER collection and they sound infuckingcredible.

Even though the store page is up (this was a mistake and it's going down) the content is not yet uploaded and I apologize to anyone who already purchased. If you did already purchase, you can just redownload in a few hours.

Enjoy.

Steven

Is it just me or do the demo's up on the site still sound quite "slatey", especially the toms (reminds me bit of when I tried bfd as well), I think I prefer Rock Solid (which isn't saying much) out of these latest releases.

It's just under double the price of Rock Solid for more than twice the shell choices and I'm willing to bet the cymbals don't suck complete ass like in RS. I don't think the price is too far-fetched but I do now wish I had SSD4 to run it. :lol:

Well there you go. If Jeff of all people agrees with something I'm doing, you KNOW it's right!!! :D:D:D

Cheers,
Steven

It sounds phenomenal.

The problem is that I spoil you guys with SSD4 Platinum being so cheap. Superior Drummer comes with 1/12th of the kits for $99 MORE than SSD4.

The CLA kit adds some amazing new samples and kits to your SSD and TRIGGER collection and they sound infuckingcredible.

Even though the store page is up (this was a mistake and it's going down) the content is not yet uploaded and I apologize to anyone who already purchased. If you did already purchase, you can just redownload in a few hours.

Enjoy.

Steven

Steven, check out CLA Rock 12 demo - there's some glitches in the cymbals towards the end of the clip it sounds like.

Is it just me or do the demo's up on the site still sound quite "slatey", especially the toms (reminds me bit of when I tried bfd as well), I think I prefer Rock Solid (which isn't saying much) out of these latest releases.

They sound pretty "CLAey" to my ears.. but keep in mind that there are some Slate drums meant to emulate that sound too.

But nothing, and I mean nothing, sounds like the real CLA sound other than these samples. I'm loving them. The Sony Reverb sample adds amazing depth.

Cheers,
Steven

It sounds phenomenal.

Steven, check out CLA Rock 12 demo - there's some glitches in the cymbals towards the end of the clip it sounds like.

Thanks! We're tweaking the demos right now (adding more midi grooves to differentiate them).

Cheers,
Steven

Enjoy.

Steven

I hope I don't sound naive, but I hope you come up with an unprocessed sample pack some day. :)

Really stocked on this expansion. Never tried SSD but this is really tempting me. :D

Edit: Excuse my ignorance, would this work with SSD4 custom?

I hope I don't sound naive, but I hope you come up with an unprocessed sample pack some day. :)

I was just about to mention this. Having samples processed by CLA is badass, but having the raw ones too would be sweet, especially since they used ALL THE CLASSIC MICS I EVER WANTED on the kit haha

SSD4 includes over a dozen unprocessed kits called "Deluxe". Very natural, very tweakable, very deep and detailed.

YES, the CLA pack works with CUSTOM which is only $39.

Steven

All the snares and kicks are very unique sounding.. You have a tons of options, especially when blending. We're reusing a lot of grooves so perhaps when we upload some new grooves with new tempos, the character of the presets will hit your ears a bit ore Trev!

After using my own drums for so long, I'm ecstatic to use these kits. They fucking rule! So huge sounding in the mix!

Cheers,
Steven

The samples sound pretty good. I'd like to hear them in a mix. If I use one snare or kick on one release it's worth $150 to me but I know not everyone thinks in those terms. Can we get a kit list?

I can hear the differences on the snares, the kicks sound really good but I could go either way on the toms. The toms lack that big tom sound like he's done on the last couple of Green Day records, maybe when I (eventually) get these.. I'll change my mind. Great idea getting other producers to do samples for you though.

Steven, I know you probably don't want to give away names, but how many other engineers/producers have to spoken to about doing this sort of thing?