Steven Slate Drums EX?

I am sorry if this has been answered before, but um... will EX's player be the same as the LE and Platinum version? Like.... with the compressor, EQ, and such?

In case it's worth meriting one more time, I'd just like to mention that a cut-down version not including any VSTi or cymbals would be fantastic. Same model as the 1.5 Elite Mixer edition.. just wavs and gogs. Would make things a lot more cost effective for those of us only using the samples for augmentation purposes and not outright sequencing.

Steven, I think you should sell us individual samples. Like if I wanted just a kick and snare....so i wouldnt be wasting money on tomtoms. But i want to be able to choose how many velocity layers I want. I dont want to pay for the lowest velocity layers when I would never even use them!

Then I could just buy a kick sample, with the top velocity layers, in only Gog format for like $5.

surely you could still recoop all production costs, R&D, make it worth all the time you spend making this huge project, etc.

Steven, I think you should sell us individual samples. Like if I wanted just a kick and snare....so i wouldnt be wasting money on tomtoms. But i want to be able to choose how many velocity layers I want. I dont want to pay for the lowest velocity layers when I would never even use them!

Then I could just buy a kick sample, with the top velocity layers, in only Gog format for like $5.

surely you could still recoop all production costs, R&D, make it worth all the time you spend making this huge project, etc.

Are you serious?

My cash situation sucks atm because I am studying at uni, but I know that I will buy your drum software someday, I've been drooling your kits since version 2.0, they sound like tits. :headbang:

I think that it would be nice alternative, that if you would have extra packs to buy, kinda like with the Line6 POD. So that you can get the actual software for quite cheap and it comes with those 10 kits, but then you can buy extra kits say "1 kit for $10", "3 kits for $20", "10 kits for $40" or so based on you need, and then you can alternatively buy the whole package for ~30% discount and get any future updates for 5 years on top of it for free etc.

+1

I would gladly pay $50 for the engine, 4 good kits, and the ability to give you my paypal info and download new kits for $10 or so as I needed them. I'd probably pay $5-10 just for a cymbal pack for example too.

Direct Download = Instant Gratification and I think a cheap buy-in price with a lot of post-purchase upgrade options will get you a lot of long term customers and business. Some day you'd probably be able to justify a free version based on the amount of business you'd get from downloadable upgrade packs.

Truly we are the iTunes generation...

Jesse

we have cymbal chokes and closed hats, yes.

some updates:
Soon everything from SSD will be downloadable, even the biggie Platinum pack (albeit in 8 downloadable packs)... The EX will consist of 10 kits and then will be upgradeable in various other downloadable packs.

All of this will happen in SSD 3.5... Its 3.5 because of the new K Player 3.5 with new support for PT8 and lighter CPU useage and lots of new features... as well as the fact that 3.5 will feature all new snare enhancements... The new 3.5 snares will have more sustain, smoother transients, and will play even more naturally and sound even more realistic even on fast fills.

There will also be two new 20" crash cymbals with chokes.

all free updates for current users.

Can't wait, then! :D

Will the downloadable versions be available at the same time the EX comes out? I'd probably get meself the LE myself if there's no shipping cost.

So if I go out tomorrow and buy LE at Sam Ash, I will be able to upgrade to the new player and new samples free online when they are released?

if you buy LE, you might as well upgrade to Platinum... we'll have special LE to upgrade prices later this spring/summer

oh and yeah... new metal kick coming... its almost done, I've been messing with it in some mixes... but anyone care to share a metal kick sound on a given record that they think is the balls?