Steven Slate Drums EX?

oh and yeah... new metal kick coming... its almost done, I've been messing with it in some mixes... but anyone care to share a metal kick sound on a given record that they think is the balls?

Yeah I could send you a few, sneap style ones that are all kinda similar!

Ill pop a few in a mp3 and PM you the link

oh and yeah... new metal kick coming... its almost done, I've been messing with it in some mixes... but anyone care to share a metal kick sound on a given record that they think is the balls?

You should reeeeeeally check out the kick on "The Way of All Flesh" by Gojira, it's probably the best kick I have ever heard :headbang:

You should reeeeeeally check out the kick on "The Way of All Flesh" by Gojira, it's probably the best kick I have ever heard :headbang:

I second this. The kick and the snare on that are fantastic, for all I know, it's already one of yours though. Haha. Definitely my favorite kick/snare combo at the moment though.

I second this. The kick and the snare on that are fantastic, for all I know, it's already one of yours though. Haha. Definitely my favorite kick/snare combo at the moment though.

Ive modeled my snare on it, you can get pretty close with Snare5a *3.0 version* with a healthy amount of EQ.

LE will be updateable to PLATINUM via download... yes..

also, I'll check that Gojira record...

This is the album I made the thread about on the "How Do I Get This Drum Sound?" forum..... been up there for quite a few months now... I'm not sure you'll like the snare... probably will be too natural sounding for you, but the kick (and the production in general) is very good... cymbals sound great here too. I'd love to be able to get my cymbals sounding close to that.

Totally understand.

Here is my and I'm guessing others perspective:

Punk band hires me to record their EP. = $1000
I can either A) Put $500 of that towards a set of 184s, a TLM, pay rent.
B) Put ~$500 towards a GREAT sample set.....of which I will use 4-5 individual drums for mix augmentation, but have paid for 40 kits that I may never use, or not any time soon.

I think that is probably the number one issue with anyone that hasn't purchased one of the current product options. It is for me.

Given your licensing situation, I totally agree an EX is probably the next best logical step. And if you need a beta tester for it, I am totally available! I'm all about honest opinions when asked for them. ;) :headbang:

WTF kind of punk bands do you know that have $1000 for an EP?

Should be acquiring LE by Thursday the latest! Can't wait. I will definitely upgrade to Platinum at some point.

I really like the drums on An Ocean Between Us by As I Lay Dying myself, if you could go for something of the sort, that'd be kickass!

Got LE loaded last night. Took the midi files for "The Family Ghost" by King Diamond and applied the Metal Dream kit to it. Sounds pretty killer. I haven't had much time to get in to it but it seems like it will do perfectly for my needs.

Stven, deft interested in the Ex package! As Ive asked before, it'd be swell if you could provide a crippled demo of sorts. Not asking for a handout, but even one popular kit with limited layers, or something just so a guy could make spending the $$$ a little easier!!!