Tell me why pot is bad but booze isn't.

That song has some really terrible drug propaganda lyrics, with the emphasis on terrible. I wouldn't think the lyrics were any good even if I did like weed.

markgugs said:
I'm sure JayK would agree that if he smoked regularly, he'd never be able to keep up with his challenging consulting job either.
Oh yeah, I mean at most, if it was freely available, I'd really like to just smoke one joint on a Saturday night at home to de-stress from the week, and basically catch up on all the crap sleep I would have had in the hotel or just working 12 hours a day.

I guess the thing about univeristy professors for me is that I always think of people writing dissertations and having to involve their professors outside of the actual lectures. Since I was at a science/engineering school, most of the study work occured outside of the lectures and in the labs, not just the classes.

Also, to be fair, most PhD professors I knew that smoked weed pretty habitually were psychologists or anthropologists - this is what my girlfriend at the time was studying. Any subjects to do with humanities was always a lot more fun than the sciences, and so that was the crowd I hung with. :)

Political science dept. was full of a bunch of drunks. I don't know if any of them regularly smoked weed, but none admitted to it.

Sorath watched Reefer Madness too many times. :p

dill_the_devil said:
I'm a total pothead, usually stoned five nights out of the week, and to be honest, Ayeka's description of potheads is a shameful generalisation. My group of stoner mates is always open to meeting new people, we have conversations about politics, life philosophy and whether a trout could take a black panther in a fight. We're trustworthy, honest and reliable, and perfectly able to go to work and function in society when not stoned. We're just like ordinary, regular joes, except we spend ninety percent of our leisure time battered out of our skulls.
You haven't met the tossers round here then.

Yep. Ridiculous anti-weed propaganda movie from 1938. I don't think I've actually seen it, or at least not all of it. Gonna have to watch it stoned one day.

I smoke pretty much daily and sometimes it's just a puff in the morning to relieve stomach pains from eating too much heartburn food the night before. :Smug:

But I think Gugs' generalization that people with big wig jobs wouldn't be able to handle their jobs if smoking everyday is hogwash and a complete and utter copout. But if those peeps can't handle their vices, then they shouldn't partake.

I know plenty of attorneys, doctors, teachers, cops, etc. that are regulars. I myself (without Gugs trivializing my job, as he did in previous threads), have to function on many levels, and I have no problem "penetrating" the big wigs at Clear Channel, the local newspapers and tv networks when it comes to the hustle. In fact, tomorrow I go to Clear Channel to meet with station producers to record a commercial for Traci Lords, which will be on 3 different stations. And you can bet your ass, I will have smoked at some point or another. Press releases, constant negotiations with film companies, directors, distributors, you name it, I am in the thick of it.

I enjoy pot, no way around it. Granted, there are days where I can do without, but that's with anybody, with anything.

My preference is an Optimo Peach blunt, stuffed with green and an ice cold pint glass of Newcastle Brown Ale. :headbang:

Papa Josh said:
IBut I think Gugs' generalization that people with big wig jobs wouldn't be able to handle their jobs if smoking everyday is hogwash and a complete and utter copout. But if those peeps can't handle their vices, then they shouldn't partake.

...have to function on many levels, and I have no problem "penetrating" the big wigs at Clear Channel, the local newspapers and tv networks when it comes to the hustle. In fact, tomorrow I go to Clear Channel to meet with station producers to record a commercial for Traci Lords, which will be on 3 different stations. And you can bet your ass, I will have smoked at some point or another. Press releases, constant negotiations with film companies, directors, distributors, you name it, I am in the thick of it.
You completely misunderstand me, or completely misunderstand the level at which I'm talking about.

It's all well and good you're going to meet with "station producers" and such. I didn't realize you needed to regularly call into C-level executives for huge corporations like Clear Channel. And then figure out ways to get on those people's calendars to pitch multi-million consulting services. If you do, my apologies.

I also didn't realize you had to do all that for 9+ hours per day, starting nice and early in the morning and then keeping at it solid all day long for the entire week. My bad.

Clear Channel is evil incarnate, and not just because they're Bush fundraisers...I think everyone who considers himself a supporter of independent music organizations should boycott their services, including the concerts they promote, if at all possible.

markgugs said:
You completely misunderstand me, or completely misunderstand the level at which I'm talking about.

It's all well and good you're going to meet with "station producers" and such. I didn't realize you needed to regularly call into C-level executives for huge corporations like Clear Channel. And then figure out ways to get on those people's calendars to pitch multi-million consulting services. If you do, my apologies.

I also didn't realize you had to do all that for 9+ hours per day, starting nice and early in the morning and then keeping at it solid all day long for the entire week. My bad.

You really do get off on thinking you are better than others don't you?

Besides, consulting firms are generally full of shit, you work with people who don't have a clue, and you make your money by holding their hand through their troubles, hoping that they listen to your great ideas that one of their very own employees probably pitched to them, but they chose to ignore and instead pay some jerkoff $1,000's of dollars for virtually the same idea.

I can do without that world thank you very much. I like making money in the entertainment biz, being able to come home, spend quality time with my wife and kids and still do everything else I enjoy. Fuck a suit and tie guy!!!

D.R.I.!

Apologies accepted.

Yeah I let a Newcastle sit out for awhile one time and it tasted infinitely better, I can't drink them cold anymore. Halfway between room temp and cold is where I find them to be perfect.

My dad is thinking about setting up a consulting firm, if so I'm going to have to be on the books as Sergeant at Arms so I get to carry guns and bust perps. Well, I think that's how it'll work.