The album that got you into metal.

I guess it was Guns N' Roses' "Use your illusion II" or "The number of the beast" or "Fear of the dark" by Iron Maiden (I don't really remember which Maiden album I got first).
I guess the reason why I stared getting into metal and stuff was because I've heard Run Dmc's "Walk this way" and I liked the electric guitar (and I also bought the tape). I'd also heard stuff like Europe's "The final countdown" and shit as my parents had that record, but I would credit those three bands as the start to my metal addiction.

For me, I guess it depends on your definition. I listened to Motley Crue, Ozzy, KISS, Dio, Rainbow, and stuff like that when I was real young. Shit, I got KISS Dressed to Kill when I was 3 years old.

However, I would say when I heard Live After Death somewhere around 85 or 86, that turned the corner for me and made me obsessed with what I feel is metal.

So that's my first album... Iron Maiden - Live After Death.

Megadeth - Peace Sells...
headbob.gif

It all started with Metallica's Black album like 10 years ago. But Dark Tranquillity "Haven" is what got me into "true" metal. Before that album I didn't even know about half of the bands I listen to today.

Metallica - Ride the Lightning, got me in to metal mainly thrash

Sepultura - Arise, woke me up to death metal and still one of the best albums

The almighty masters Dark Throne :headbang: - A Blaze In The Northern Sky got me in to black metal

Is your hearing going too. The heavy metal is making my memory and hearing go so far for me. I heard that when you start going deaf, you start being unable to hear high and low pitch sounds first.

Metallica - Master of Pupputs. Katatonia's Tonight's Decision got me into underground metal.

ummm.... I think it would have to be Slipknot's album named Slipknot..... although the first HEAVY album I got..... hmmmm..... dunno.... yeah Slipknot got me into metal

Slipknot's self titled abulm... eh, I guess I could see it acting as a spring board pushing kids into metal.

Humm... nothing too special on it though.