The Andy Sneap Forum FTP!

I had my plans for world domination stored on there!:mad:

I tried to upload something and the file renamed itself and got fucked. hmmm...

I'm reading through the log files. I noticed it about 6 hours ago. Anyone earlier?

^yeah that was just my internet connection going spastic so the file didn't properly upload

sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk: [25/Oct/2007:15:09:23 +0100] 77.181.145.32 - - "GET /Noumenon/Ad%20Infinitum%20Direct%20Off.mp3 HTTP/1.1" 404 242 "http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/rate-my-mix-tone-threads/342700-engl-savage.html" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)"

That was the last file that was able to be downloaded before it fucked up. I assumed "get" means "downloaded". The log doesn't appear to store information on when stuff is deleted though. That time might be my local time. (australia east). So not sure. o_O

next time there's an ftp we should put upload/download-only rights to the files and no delete will be possible.
if there's a need to delete stuff, mods could have full rights access.
also, the logging can be adjusted, so it logs any transfer.
if the server owner needs help to set things properly up, let me know, I could help out :)

I made sure regular backups were kept so ive survived ok thank fook. Do we think this was a deliberate act, or some idiotic fuck up? Im just trying to think of a better security measure really. Is it possible to set a few of us up with remove permissions some how? That way at least the ftp could be kept a bit cleaner, and gav wouldnt need to be bugged much i guess. i'd hate to imagine it solely write access- it would become a massive depositry of doom! Still better than losing the files of course.

dude. wtf.
this sucks ass.
i was planning on downloading those sweet killer queen tracks.

i had trouble logging in too, so i don't think it was someone that deleted stuff. it seems more like some sort of error? :puke:

Hi Gavin Harper,

During a recent file system audit it has been discovered that your domain sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk is in breach of our terms of service ( available online at http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/companyinfo/termsofservice/ )

This is due to the large amount of non-web content stored on your domain at /htdocs/.

This content seems to contain mainly music files. As these type of files are not directly related to the display of a web page we have taken the decision to remove them from your site.

We will retain a copy of these files for a maximum period of 28 days.

In order to gain access to this archive of your files, please respond to this email stating the reason for this content and any issues you will encounter if access is not granted.

We will then review your request and restore access to said content if it is deemed applicable to do so.

If you have any other queries regarding this decision, please contact us by responding to this email.

Kind regards,
Streamline.Net The home of good value web hosting