The best song from Blackwater Park

The best track from Blackwater Park is...

• The Leper Affinity

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Bleak

Votes: 38 24.5%
  • Harvest

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • The Drapery Falls

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • Dirge for November

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • The Funeral Portrait

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Patterns in the Ivy

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
...title track is too long...

(insert Lisa Simpson crackin' up laughter here) Hey, if you're going to give me a reason why you DON'T like it, at least make it a reasonable one. You like Opeth but this song "...is too long."

Come on. Go 'head.
wink2.gif

I agree, Opet! I mean, for me, those 10+ min. songs go by like they are 2-3 min. long. My favourite Opeth song happens to be Black Rose Immortal and that song surpasses the 20 min. mark. That song also happens to be off what I think is their utmost greatest album to date - Morningrise!

And, I'm surprised so MANY seem to like Drapery Falls the most. No doubt - it is indeed awesome, I just thought people would like Leper Affinity or Bleak more. Heh...actually, Bleak isn't too far behind....

I really don't like the first few minutes of Bleak. Too much repetition, boring vocal lines, ehh. I usually fast forward further into the song. Which is why BWP is my least favorite album -- even though it's got spectacular parts that make it still worth listening to, the other albums don't have ANY parts I'd fast-forward through.

I'd have to go with Dirge on Blackwater. Well written musically and lyrically. It goes through different stages(as do all of thier songs) but ends perfectly. Simply beautiful......although Harvest comes to mind also.

Daa! Resurrected Thread!

Since I didn't actually answer this before, I'll have to go with The Leper Affinity.

It's really really really really heavy. And the lyrics are fucking sick, it's great.

Still don't care for this album as much as the others...