The food thread.

God damn, do I love Outback Steakhouse.

I got a $50 Outback gift card the other night so I went and got a plate of cheese fries (shared, obviously), a 12 oz. steak and three bottles of this beer called Tooheys which I'd never heard of before and enjoyed quite a bit. A very nice dinner, to say the least.

Well it's been a while since I've chowed down on a Maine seafood platter, so I went out and got one tonight. Deep fried haddock, shrimp, clams and scallops, and I finished it off with apple pie a la mode. I am so incredibly stuffed, but it's OK since I'm a bit too thin.

There's this diner by my house and they make the best burgers on the planet. These burgers seriously make me cream my pants. It's like a thousand orgasms packed into an 8 oz. patty.

Today I went to China Buffet and ate about a pound and a half of several different types of chicken and miscellaneous other treats. It was so good. On the topic of burgers, my favorite are the ones they make at a small restaurant called The Brown Bear in a town about 10 or so miles south of me. They call it the Bear Burger, these things are like a pound or more of beef, and around 8 inches in diameter. They are delicious.

Just enjoyed some tamales and enchiladas, the former from our neighbors and the latter of my mother's creation.

Wow, you're a bastard. I love Mexican food. I used to eat it all the time with my Dad. Now that I got my gall bladder removed last week I'm sure I would have the epic shits if I were to eat Mexican food now :(

There is an Outback right by my job. I get unlimited coupons for free Bloomin' Onions from my job, yet I never have went there to get one. About the only steakhouse I've ever been to was LongHorn, & it was the fuckig bomb.

For dinner tonight I'm cooking Cassoulet, one of my favorite dishes. It's a French stew made with chicken, smoked sausage, white cannellini beans, onions, garlic and "herbe de Provence". You add breadcrumbs to it to give it a nice thick texture. Delicious.