The food thread.

you know, I think im gonna go with Curry Seafood
"Shrimp, scallops, and squid sauteed with mushrooms, carrots, onion, zucchini, bell pepper, stir-fried in thick creamy curry sauce"

Sounds tasty.

I can thank Thai food for being the only ethnic cuisine available near my campus. Luckily for now I'm in Boston, where those kind of places are in great abundance. Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Korean, Middle Eastern, Turkish, Ethiopian, Polish, Russian, Peruvian, Ethiopian, we've got it all, plus plenty of Italian, Chinese, and local seafood fares.

For tonight's dinner, we're having our traditional New Year's Eve feast.

Authentic Caesar salad (with anchovies and homemade croutons), 2-pound lobsters, garlic bread from scratch and a chocolate log cake for dessert. And champagne of course.

I've been eating anything and everything lately. I'm down 7 lbs from last year for some reason. Trying to gain mass by lifting harder at the gym and eating high carb and even higher protein meals 5x a day.

Just ate a big chocolate muffin, a Granny Smith apple and a piping hot cup of coffee. Typical morning meal when it's snowing/raining outside.

Just polished off a steak. Meat is the most satisfying/filling/natural meal.

I was on Atkins at the start of last year for about 3 months. Lost 20kg. No Joke. No over exaggeration. Now I'm just bone and muscle.

Well, considering your body needs carbohydrates, completely eliminating them doesn't really help you at all other than decreased weight. Not only that, but you're bound to gain it back eventually.

But many in the scientific community also raise serious concerns:

* Dr. Robert Eckel of the American Heart Association says that high-protein, low-carbohydrate diets put people at risk of heart disease; A long term study published in the New England Journal of Medicine in 2006 found that women reduced heart disease risk by eating more protein and fat from vegetable sources.

* A 2001 scientific review conducted by Freedman et al. and published in the peer reviewed scientific journal Obesity Research concluded that low-carb dieters' initial advantage in weight loss was a result of increased water loss, and that after the initial period, low-carbohydrate diets produce similar fat loss to other diets with similar caloric intake.

* The May 2004 Annals of Internal Medicine study showed that Atkins Dieters had significantly more diarrhea, general weakness, rashes and muscle cramps. Atkins.com now suggests a fiber supplement.

* Consuming too much protein can create health problems and protein toxicity for patients with certain medical problems, for example those with preexisting kidney problems.

There are benefits to it, obviously, but I think that a diet like that is overkill. I changed my diet in very subtle ways and lost about 10 pounds. You just need self discipline when you do it.

Exercise helps as well.

Your statistics are irrelevant, fatty. As I stated I was on it for no longer than 3 months. I did not treat it as a long term diet. Seeing as Atkins is essentially the diet of our predecessors that brought us to the evolutionary standpoint that we are at today I am yet to observe any negative outcomes. I could post plenty of pro-Atkins health statistics too, but we'd be here all day and you'd still be fat.

I also exercised. None of that cardio health stance mocca chocca latte bullshit. Just Pure strength training. Fuck increasing life expectancy. Muscle mass and tone is all you need. Oh and I never once had Diarrhoea. In Fact i shat once or twice a week, which was yet another positive aspect. Fuck spending time on the shitter when you can be looking good and listening to anything other than Devildriver. OMG PWNZORZ.