The food thread.

haha...nice.
im starving...but if i tell my grandma shell stuff me like a fucking chicken. and her food is awesome...so imstuck.:puke:
i wnt icecream
i like the 2 dad think...classic.:headbang:

I just had dinner with salad green grown from the estate I work at. Good to enjoy the fruits of my labor. All organic too.

I got a chicken shawarma wrap for lunch. It was actually better than I expected. It seemed like all the places I got shawarma from in Toronto overloaded on the vegetables and sauce, instead of making the meat the main ingredient.

Yeah, he moved from Greece and started a Skyline Chili down near UC. It is still there and is open until 4 AM on the weekends for the bar crowd.

In 1949, he and three of his sons opened their own place on Glenway Avenue, near the top of a steep hill (Price's or Price Hill); they named it Skyline Chili for its panoramic view of downtown Cincinnati. After some local resistance in the predominantly Catholic neighborhood, Skyline developed a large and devoted following – especially on Thursdays and Saturdays, which immediately preceded and followed meatless Fridays.[2]

The family opened a second restaurant in 1953 and the growth of the business accelerated in the 1960s; by the end of the century, there were 110 Skyline restaurants, mostly in Ohio, but with additional establishments in other states including Kentucky, Indiana, and Florida. Lambrinides died in 1962 at the age of 82, but his sons continued to operate and expand the company. They retained the original recipe unchanged, though. According to William Lambrinides, "Dad always said, 'Don't change a thing with the recipe – don't add anything, don't take out anything, it's perfect the way it is'." As a result, Skyline's version has largely become synonymous with "Cincinnati-style chili". In 1998, the company was sold to Fleet Equity Partners, a New England investment firm, which promised not to change the recipe (which they reportedly keep locked in a safe).

Eh, I thought it was opened in Clifton. Apparently it was opened in Price Hill. Whatever.