The food thread.

dinner tonight:

pork in a french onion and pepper crusting. fried with new belgium 1554 and Parmesan cheese.

SOOO GOOD
~gR~

My father cooked an interesting Sicilian dish made with fennel, pine nuts, almonds and onions over angel hair pasta. That was after a salad made from cherry tomatoes, shrimp, blue cheese dressing and salad green picked earlier today at the estate I work at.

And with any pasta dish, a couple glasses of merlot.

Yeah, pretty much. What do you call them? Peppers?

Yes, I've never heard anythign else then peppers around here.

If I wasn't a fan of hot sauces and hot peppers I would have probably never known. Because I know that capsaicin is the chemical that produce the burning sensation in the mouth when you eat hot peppers/sauces...so I deducted that capsicum was the pepper.

Yes, I've never heard anythign else then peppers around here.

If I wasn't a fan of hot sauces and hot peppers I would have probably never known. Because I know that capsaicin is the chemical that produce the burning sensation in the mouth when you eat hot peppers/sauces...so I deducted that capsicum was the pepper.

Yeah kind of ironic considering they're the least hot & spicy in the pepper/chili family. They're called peppers occasionally here, but capsicum mostly.

I did hear somewhere that "capsicum" is a word for pepper but I always thought it was a certain type of pepper. You know, like jalapeno.

Over here capsicums are the larger peppers that aren't spicy at all. They come in red, green, yellow, & orange. Here is a lovely pic for reference:

capsicum.JPG