The food thread.

My wife made bagels yesterday morning and got up before me and prepared them. I wish I’d taken a photo. They had melted cheese on top and inside there was cream cheese with sun-dried tomato and spring onion, grilled salami, avocado, tomato and spinach leaves. Absolutely godly way to start the day.
There was one left so I attempted to recreate the brilliance of yesterday myself as the missus is working today. It was good but yesterday’s was better. Took a photo this time.
View attachment 14728
Made ultimate godly Bloody Marys today.
View attachment 14785
Ingredients:
3 Ice cubes
2 shots vodka (or thereabouts)
Tomato juice
Splosh of Worcestershire Sauce
Decent amount of Tabasco
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Small amount of mild mustard
Half a teaspoon of horseradish
Half a gherkin and a pickled chilli, skewered
Salt & pepper
Celery
Lemon slice

I like my Bloody Marys to be tangy but not too overpowering and not too spicy. These were the best I’ve done. The lemon juice really balances out the flavour. The gherkin and chilli were new additions inspired by one that I had at a bar recently.

Anyone here got any Bloody Mary recipes to share?

tenor (8).gif

dem Jews know how to salami ...
58jbTn7.jpg

L8tlRsA.jpg

EaJYDrk.jpg

True pizza aficionados know that alongside the Chicago deep dish there also exists a Chicago thin crust style. This is my attempt at it:
IMG_0740 (1).JPG

Notice that the sausage is raw rather than precooked, in accordance with the recipe I have.
Although some might have reservations against doing so, the 12-15 minutes baking in a 500 degree oven are enough to cook the sausage as long as it's in manageable pieces.

IMG_0741 (1).JPG

As you can see, the sausage cooked up nicely, and it stays in those lovely chunks rather than the crumbles I'd get if I precooked it.

True pizza aficionados know that alongside the Chicago deep dish there also exists a Chicago thin crust style. This is my attempt at it:
View attachment 16449

Notice that the sausage is raw rather than precooked, in accordance with the recipe I have.
Although some might have reservations against doing so, the 12-15 minutes baking in a 500 degree oven are enough to cook the sausage as long as it's in manageable pieces.

View attachment 16450

As you can see, the sausage cooked up nicely, and it stays in those lovely chunks rather than the crumbles I'd get if I precooked it.
giphy.gif

Trying interesting walleye recipes, starting with this (substituting the crab out)

Today's haul as reference on how often I need to cook fish (these guys are all around 18 inches, limit is 12 fish a day)

45355501-2423715287645067-3944099743868649472-o.jpg

Last edited:
Did my Chrissie ham on the weekend. (Christmas is just an excuse to go a bit over the top from the standard half leg I buy every few weeks, it's not exclusively for Christmas)

Nothing overly fancy just a single smoked ham with a pineapple and honey glaze that is both brushed on and injected into the meat then cooked.
Apart from getting up to brush it every 15 minutes effort is minimal but the taste is amazing for such little effort.

Reactions: CiG