The food thread.

These things are pretty awesome:

0609080751.jpg

In other news, I made my first attempt at mashed potatoes last night. For a while I kept taking them off the boil and attempting to mash them before they were actually done, until I realised that I should be prod-testing them while they were boiling. Then it turned out that I didn't have anything that was really appropriate for mashing them, so they ended up pretty lumpy.

The main reason I made them, though, was to store in the fridge so I could have quick breakfasts that don't suck (i.e. hash brown) in the morning. I'm so fucking sick of cereal, waffles, and canned fruit, you have no idea.

Holy mother of Wednesday.

All hail Spaghetti, King of Spaghettis.

I have been touched by his noodly appendage.

In other news, I made my first attempt at mashed potatoes last night. For a while I kept taking them off the boil and attempting to mash them before they were actually done, until I realised that I should be prod-testing them while they were boiling. Then it turned out that I didn't have anything that was really appropriate for mashing them, so they ended up pretty lumpy.

The main reason I made them, though, was to store in the fridge so I could have quick breakfasts that don't suck (i.e. hash brown) in the morning. I'm so fucking sick of cereal, waffles, and canned fruit, you have no idea.
What in the world are you doing? You can make a decent breakfast food by chopping potatoes up, boiling them until they are easily penetrated by a fork, then putting them in a frying pan with onions and butter to make something akin to hash browns.

What in the world are you doing? You can make a decent breakfast food by chopping potatoes up, boiling them until they are easily penetrated by a fork, then putting them in a frying pan with onions and butter to make something akin to hash browns.

Throw that shit in a burrito with some eggs and cheese and maybe some bacon and it's fucking awesome.

Back on the topic of breakfast, I just got these for the first time in my life this week:

toaster_strudel_482x193.jpg

And they're really good. I wish I'd tried them sooner.

I've also been adding yogurt and sausage biscuits into the rotation lately, and I actually enjoy breakfast now instead of hating it.

Yeah, I'll work on that. I haven't actually messed with the potatoes since my first batch. Too lazy.

Had some of these recently. They are the shit! And probably the healthiest potato chips in the world:

"Dirty's" Potato Chips

Dirty's Potato Chips are:

ALL NATURAL
CHOLESTEROL FREE
KETTLE COOKED IN PURE PEANUT OIL
KOSHER CERTIFIED

AND CONTAIN NO:

MSG
ARTIFICIAL COLORS
PRESERVATIVES
WHEAT GLUTENS
HYDROGENATED OIL

mcchicken.jpg

These things are TWO FUCKING DOLLARS here right now. Keep in mind that that's two Canadian dollars, so they're practically handing them out. Best promotion ever.