The food thread.

So, I don't know whether it's the drink itself or my having internalised the stigma attached to it, but I can hardly ever drink soda these days without feeling icky and getting a slight headache. I like the taste of it - I even want to enjoy it - but I always seem to get negative feedback from my body. It's annoying.

I have a stepbrother who drinks virtually nothing but Pepsi. It's so pathetic. Incidentally he's also a fat slug who's constantly on the computer or watching TV and never goes out of the house if he can help it.

Dude schwan man is the shit. I'd eat preservatives all day if they taste good.

Not to mention that there's a significant difference between freezer meals and partially-prepared frozen food, the latter being what Schwan's sells. I'd suggest that people look at the stuff on their website, including the ingredients, before trying to act like it's loaded with toxins.

I have a stepbrother who drinks virtually nothing but Pepsi. It's so pathetic. Incidentally he's also a fat slug who's constantly on the computer or watching TV and never goes out of the house if he can help it.

Before I joined the Marine Corps that was me, except it was Dr Pepper instead of Pepsi.

Not to mention that there's a significant difference between freezer meals and partially-prepared frozen food, the latter being what Schwan's sells. I'd suggest that people look at the stuff on their website, including the ingredients, before trying to act like it's loaded with toxins.

I couldn't find any detailed ingredient lists, but the odds are the meals have some preservatives. Just about everything does now but processed food even more so. It's bad enough, but ESPECIALLY if you microwave. Microwaving is probably the worst thing you can do to food.

The entire ingredients for every product are listed on the pages for the products themselves, so I'm really not sure why you can't find them. The worst thing you'll find is sorbic acid, which is organic and not some horrible chemical compound.

I've only ever bought the uncooked whole meat products. I've never bought any of the pre-assembled meals or stuff like meatballs and things because I can make those myself.

I didn't see anything on their website about uncooked whole meats. Everything I looked at besides corn on the cob had at least MSG added, but they always used the alternative names for it, like modified food starch, or autolyzed yeast extract.

He's not very far off, especially since autolyzed yeast extract contains all of the same things that make MSG do what it does. However, there's no reliable research that actually shows MSG to be very toxic or harmful, as all symptoms reported by people who've consumed it, with the exception of it increasing the likelihood of asthma-related attacks in people who have asthma, have yet to ever be replicated in any scientific tests in a controlled environment, and no evidence to support it being a neurotoxin and I'm not even sure where people came up with that.

That was another confusing thing to me, as basic Google researching had nothing about MSG being a neurotoxin.

And anyway he's really just wrong...MSG is monosodium glutamate, and I believe food starch is just a carbohydrate...those aren't even close to the "same" thing. They're not the "alternative names" for each other.

I believe food starch is just a carbohydrate...those aren't even close to the "same" thing.

modified food starch

Why is it Bad

More reasons

Other names

I've read the general gist of the detractors, and most just claim "it's just a broken down protein compound". The body is supposed to break it down, not a test tube and then hand it to us like that.

The bottom line that people don't get is that we aren't supposed to be consuming processed components or chemicals. Our food is sprayed with poisons, radiated, pumped full of hormones, diseases, combined with artificial chemicals and mutated compounds, then potentially re-radiated, and we wonder why health care is growing so fast and the population in the "Western World" is getting fat and sick.

The bottom line that people don't get is that we aren't supposed to be consuming processed components or chemicals. Our food is sprayed with poisons, radiated, pumped full of hormones, diseases, combined with artificial chemicals and mutated compounds, then potentially re-radiated, and we wonder why health care is growing so fast and the population in the "Western World" is getting fat and sick.

Wow, I'm sure glad you managed to make a point without being preachy, annoying and stupid. Wait a second, no you didn't.

Man, this stuff's pretty great:

14384.jpg