The Get-to-know-the-board-members thread

You've a good self-opinion, I see. So, I don't reckon you're a good professional dreamer, at all. Or maybe a good one, that only wish to dream and not to make his dreams come true.

You're too young, if you really believe you're an antisocial guy, you will be an antisocial guy. You won't take what you don't wish to.

|ngenius (who cares about the existence and opinion of everybody, if it's worthy of be considered)

Have I ever told you |ngenius that you are one wise robot? In case not, I´ll do it now : You are one wise robot |ngenius! Everyone should listen to you!

-phyros (made happy by reading the last |ngenius post)

Originally posted by |ngenius
You've a good self-opinion, I see. So, I don't reckon you're a good professional dreamer, at all. Or maybe a good one, that only wish to dream and not to make his dreams come true.
|ngenius (who cares about the existence and opinion of everybody, if it's worthy of be considered)

i take back my word, i am not a professional dreamer. you are greater than me. but i am not an antisocial boy either. so don't judge people base one what they type. now leave me the fuck alone

Greetings.

Hi, I'm Blue Moon, litterature student, wannabe-comedian. I work in a youth hostel in Québec City, Canada and I love my job.

I love music, from metal to... well, almost anything, especially anything that is dark, favortie bands right now : Opeth, My Dying Bride, Lacrimosa, Dark Tranquility, The Cure, Fields of the Nephilim, Depeche Mode, Wumpscut, VNV Nation, Flesh Field, Current 93 (gracias Astarte), Marilion, Genesis, Fish, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Leonard Cohen, Noir Désir, Indochine, and so on.

I love to dance, be it in raves or in underground clubs, and thinks that everybody should try it for real, it's the most wonderful of feelings.

It's hard to tell how I feel these days, it shifts too easily from happiness to deep sorrow, depending on my train of thoughts. I tend to love alcohol a bit much, although I'm not alcoholic yet ; I stop smoking the first of March and it's freaking hard to think about it.

My first language is french, alors salut à tous et toutes, I love speaking english and try to learn a bit of japanese at job in order to get there in a few years. Like Thanatos, I'd spend my whole life travelling with a backpack, I believe that the closest feeling of freedom is when you don't have any key in your pocket.

I believe that's enough, take good care all, and I hope you'll all feel better soon.

Glad to be back on the forums, although I don't know for how long.

Zeanra wrote : "Some favorite bands: Opeth, My Dying Bride, Dark Tranquillity, Tristania, Therion, Lacrimosa."

Hmmm, you've got nice tastes, methinks :)

Hello everyone, I'm the Dark Jester, also known as Ben (I don't care bout puttin my real name on the web seeing as 3 million people are also called Ben :D ). I'm not anti-social, in fact im anti-anti-social, listen to lots of different kinds of music, play guitar and piano and I sing, I have a feeling that non-ones listening but I don't care because the voices in my head tell me that as long as I have them I don't need anyone else :lol: Anyway, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack...if anyone cares ;)

hi
im 17, in New York... actually a suburb of it... its called Long Island... but whatever...
i didn't like metal (real metal) till last year, but since then im into therion (w/muchness)(yes thats not a real word... i made it up), dt, opeth, katatonia, in flames, dimmu borgir, emperor, iced earth, blind guardian, stratovarius (sometimes), and the kovenant
sorta rambling ... usually more coherent... i think i've been dumped....

Hi......im an alcoholic.....er......

Hi, my name is Sean, im 17, soon to be 18. I like walks on the beach and drinking pina coladas in the rain, or is it the other way around.

My favorite bands include: Vintersorg, Dark Tranquillity, Soilwork, In Flames, Iced Earth, Sentenced, At the Gates, The Haunted, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Nocturnal Rites, Labyrinth, Blind Guardian, Amorphis, Havayoth, Otyg, Edge of Sanity, Borknagar, Iron Maiden, lots of others........

I live in a really small town in the middle of fucking nowhere. Contrary to popular belief, I dont surf, although in a certain Catalan Robots mind I do, perhaps I do than. I have no girlfriend, because im a shy, insecure, metal head, football player. I wish I did, but I dont.

I like: Music, Football, Flying with out airplanes, Cards, Small Wooden People, Sabrina: the girl who i talk to everday in 4th period, all the people that have good imput on this damn forum which goes for most of you, oh yeah and Simpsons

I dislike: Elitests, small plastic people, angry teens like terrymx, flying with wings, coke in the can and not with ice, surgery, all the kids at schoo who have straight A's who consequently are all stuck up pretty boys/girls, Fabio from Rhapsody, Fabio from Rhapsody, and Fabio from Rhapsody.

Ill see you all on the other side of the bridge :D

Hello there, I´m Alexandre, from Braga, Portugal.

I graduated in social studies a couple of months back... finally that social-cultural burden is off my back. I´m a graphic designer and that´s what I do for a living.

I tend to relativize things too much. For me, today´s society is senseless and all wrong, but I play fair nonetheless. I take refuge from all that in fantastic worlds in my head with the aid of computer games, movies, music and books. People say I´m good looking. I play soccer very well too. I play the drums. I like Internet forums and I like metal music, as well as other genres. People say I´m impulsive and somewhat detached.

My fave metal bands are My Dying Bride, Katatonia, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Entombed, Dismember, Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Crowbar, The Hellacopters (more like rock), and then millions of others...

I like animals very much. I´m a polite person, I think. I absolutely LOVE Monty Python.

This is only scratching the surface, of course, I hope no one will judge anyone by this. It´s a good and funny topic, though. Carry on.

Hi, I'm Arch.
I'm 22, almost 23. I live somewhere in Los Angeles, California, USA. (There isn't many metalheads around) Still in college. I like Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, At the Gates, etc. I "play" the guitar and bass and I'm a big Simpsons fan.

Cheryl here...

Enjoys: Metal, Beer, Concerts, Art, RPGs, running online zine, Metal, Beer, Hiking, Camping, wasting a lot of time online, travelling, learning and did I mention Metal ?

Favourites: SKYCLAD, OVERKILL, MANILLA ROAD, MORRIGAN...

:wave:
hi, i'm rahvin. with all likelyhood, my parents gave me a decent italian name at birth, but then they just abandoned me on the shores of the mediterranean sea and i was raised by seals (so what?). they taught me to clap and hold a ball very still on top of my nose.

i'm 24, male, and that's kinda easy to remember provided you know for a fact that the first element changes periodically, while the second most certainly doesn't.

i work to a place where there are lots of books and people and everyone is kind with me even though i have no idea whatsoever as to what i'm supposed to do there.

i'm also very good at pretending to be studying foreign languages. i thought about boasting, but i know there's at least one of my mates who might be hanging around here and read this, so maybe i better be honest.

i didn't post here before because, while a lot of you was writing tons of posts complaining about wanting to get drunk, i was drunk and as far from a pc as one can be, which is, in my case, 80km and countless bottles of beer.

i'm quite a social individual and i tend to like my fellow human beings, no matter how dumb, empty-minded and awfully useless they might be. i don't have a girlfriend right now because i broke up with one and at the moment i'm too busy posting messages about the concept of love to actually apply anything i do write. i'm not shy, but when i meet a girl i like i switch to 'love is forever' mode, then get back to 'love is next week' mode, and by the time she's on to 'love is some years, or at least a few months in a mountain chalet' mode, i'm already in 'love is yesterday' mode. so i mostly have troubles with girls because of unmatching culture-spans.

people who take the time to listen to what i say a bit tend to like me a lot. people who take the time to listen to what i say to any superior length of time tend to think of me as an oil-refinery sub-product. the precious few who don't, usually either fall in love or accept the fact that i have to be taken as i am. in both cases, frequent beatings of my person come into the process at some point.

in my spare time:
i play real-strategy games like warcraft, heroes of might and magic, empire earth, then go around repeating dumb sentences picked up from military units in such games;
i listen to friends' problems and try to rise above the 'pathetic slug' level helping them with such issues;
i listen to all kinds of music, especially punk, ebm, metal spin-offs and folk;
i read book and make a real fuss about it.
note: getting drunk often is not listed here because i see it a social duty more than a pastime.

i like teddybears and i like teddybears and i like teddybears.

rahvin. (did i say i like teddybears?)

Originally posted by Blue Moon
Oh, and I forgot to say that I'll go in Europe not this summer, but the next one.

This summer..? (looks out from the window and sees half-a-meter of snow below) Methinks it's good you're not coming this summer...

Hearse: Did you watch Spaceballs yesterday? :tickled:

-Villain

Hmm.... I haven't posted on DT-board too much, mostly lurked, but here goes...

I'm Jouni. Hi.
I'm 21 and I'm NOT soon to be 22. It's still 9 months to my birthday, which means my mother and father had sex 22 years ago. Yes, image of that is disturbing to me too.

I obviously like metal, too many bands to start separating. The Black League is my favorite at the time, and my nick is taken from their song title.

What else? I like movies. Good ones. I hate those bad ones. You know, those that suck. I've kinda started to collect those good ones, I've something like 60 of them now. Favorite movie would be Fight Club.

My hobbies are listed on my profile... btw. Villain, nice to see other roleplayers here.

I'm always broke. I study on university level, not too succesfully I might add. I use win2000 and linux, if that is of any interest.

I've just stayed up all night mainly being idle in the UM chat room. And like QSilver said: Use that room!!!!

Oh.... almost forgot... yes, I'd like to be drunk now. Oh god, how I'd like to be drunk.

@VultureCulture:
Mwhahaha!!! You put up your full name! I can now stalk you!!! :D To make my stalking hobby easier, you should come and study in Edmonton... we are a technological center...

@everyone:
Well, to add to my introduction, my name is Iris. Feel free to call me that if you wish... I can easily be tracked down, since I have told where I live and my program of study. My name isn't all that common.

I also hate the television and have not watched a tv show in a long time. I go here a lot, but I also visit the In Flames board. I like being disturbed by rude, insane people so I visit the Dave Matthews Band general discussion board (The Bridge). I am weird in my writings since I have been going to the Bridge for a long time, and it's rubbed off on me... but not too much (or I would have become an insensitive crude person and would be banned by now). :D

I like Pina Coladas too... and wine coolers. I only very occasionally drink. I like bats, mice, rats, and birds. I have two budgies; one of which hates rap music and loves Napalm Death and blues-rock.

Um, I am also single... and looking. :)