The high points of recent prog metal?

lmao at the brutal, perfect irony of "worthless tool". zach wins. :lol:

as for me, I have strong opinions on a lot of subjects and good (as I see it) rationale to back them up. I don't like having to write essays explaining why Starbucks fuckin sucks a monkey or why Hollister is about as "surf culture" as power metal is heterosexual, but you know, it seems that around here I have to get into the details because people don't think. They assume, and worse yet, they take it as a personal attack and jump on the "I'm right you're wrong" bandwagon. Let's polarize! If I stay on my side and kill anything that threatens my meagre opinion, then I'll be ok and nobody will burst my bubble. Heh. But you know how life goes. If I point out such psychological hypocrisies, I get accused. They just can't handle it. Such children as they call me immature. Great then, let's all be a little more immature.

I have a white coat/jacket, being a lab technician and all. So what does everyone here need?

I think a 50cc injection of OnTopiculum Postchlorate should help for most.

They got me on Thorazine but sometimes I shuffle off where they cant find me

Your all a bunch of wanky butted whiners that are so wrong in all your thinking that it just makes me wanna hammer out some loud nonstop mega saturated nonsence on me getar .........LOL

All this male bonding is gonna make me start cryin :cry: ...... perhaps we need a good mosh pit meet ..... and Ill show y'as all who has the best taste in music ....

Seriously, I know Im rarely as tactful as I should be. Ive seen worse. But face it, an insult to whatever is satisfing to one person is bound to get someones hair up, its an insult to ones flavor. There are issues anyone is willing to throw down for ...... or at least I would hope. So why approach that threshold with an insult. Funny how mankind is always bound to not listen to his own words of wisdom .... "Da Devil made me do it".

I am surprised to find some prog people express a fair amount of narrowmindedness. Really ! I'm such a noob ? Me - I take it all in, whatever an artist is trying to express, sometimes I just figure - "hey I just dont get the point of this composition, or approach, oh well, sometimes a peach sometimes a pit."

Thanks for all the good leads on new, great listening material everyone, I see clearly that in many ways I am a so called noob, not really true, but I've been way out of the loop thats for sure. I'll still always favor the style of my old time favorites but Ive really played them to death.

{one big atta boy for Zach}

shit! they found me .........

*Personal attack*

SILENCE!
180px-Robot-elders_(futurama).jpg

Yeah, regarding opinion/whatever, with that DG post, the way you've worded it sounds like you're factually stating "DG is a shit singer. Period". I know as you've just said, you shouldn't need to begin every sentence with "This is my opinion:", but the way you've worded it, to most people, will be taken as a direct attack on DG/PoS, rather than a statement of your opinion.

One of the things with the internets is, what you would 'sound' like approaching that argument and making those points IRL, compared to posting them in text form (which is in some ways, less expressive, and usually always sounds more "serious" and "direct"... kinda like the way sarcasm seems to be REAL hard for most people to spot, unlike IRL, where the tone gives it away) is a lot different. Such an IRL discussion would probably happen casually over a beer, rather than on the internets, over a coffee and a spellchecker. :loco:

Lol, periodic mug. I'm no chemisty fanboi, it's just what I'm good at.

@Meedly: I hate you too. :) Awwwwwwww... all this hate brings tears to my eye... tears of joy. :cry:

I think having to validate your own fucking opinion every time you disagree with someone is the stupidest thing ever. As long as somebody's got a good reason for disagreeing I'm fine with it, I'm not gonna get butthurt cause Zach doesn't like Dream Theater and Tool like I do or something.

Learn to live properly guise.

Dammit...l pop in here expecting to see someone's revelations on the prog metal genre but instead there's a continuation of this crap.

You people need your own thread so you can share your contradictory, hypocritical, fanny patting thoughts...and your ass hurt...with yourselves. A pinned whiny thread would be the ticket.

I can actually compare this to burping. Don't you think it's retarded to have to excuse yourself for relieving a bit of gas which would've ultimately caused you cramps if you would've kept it inside long enough? Everybody burps, deal with it. Same thing with opinions, everyone has one. And nobody should have to hear any grief about having one that differs, let alone apologize for it.

Hahaha, I'd rather look like an idiot online so when/if people meet me in person they think "Hahaha, oh wow niiiiiiiice" than photoshop myself to look like Fabio and get the whole "You look better online" thing.