The inevitable has happened.. Good Bye Lopez

Status
Not open for further replies.
SethCohen said:
i think that if everyone learns to use the imo style in their posts, then it will eliminate all forms of fighting here, imo, imo, imo, imo.

I disagree, I think it will lead to a huge over use of imo which will lead to more fighting imo

Abhorsen said:
Damn. Not a surprise really, but still disappointing because as Mike said in his statement, they made some great music together and Lopez's style was a key part of Opeth's development. Wishing ML well and looking forward to what Opeth does next in the studio.
+1.

I saw Axenrot with Opeth here in Italy on December. He is a standard metal player, doesn't really have the strong jazz-style Lopez could easily perform. That was what left me disappointed and some people I met at the show, and this is also what I can't really stand now. I feared this situation (Lopez' leaving and Axenrot's joining), now it's become truth.

I think Akerfeldt should have chosen the drummer more accurately, "Axe" is definitely not a drummer who can do justice to Opeth's sound.

i think huxflux is the only other swedish drummer i can think of right now which could do lopez' style better than lopez and superiorly play circles around him anyway. he should join Speth imo.

Mad_Griffith said:
I saw Axenrot with Opeth here in Italy on December. He is a standard metal player, doesn't really have the strong jazz-style Lopez could easily perform. That was what left disappointed me and some people I met at the show, and this is also what I can't really stand now. I feared this situation (Lopez' leaving and Axenrot's joining), now it's become truth.

I think Akerfeldt should have chosen the drummer more accurately, "Axe" is definitely not a drummer who can do justice to Opeth's sound.
at last someone sees the truth.btw i watched that concert(p2p programs.) and istanbul concert.completely agreed with you

I figured Lopez would leave the band but now thats it official its too bad : ( but i wish him the best of luck in whatever else he does in the future.

They have not yet said that Axenrot is going to be a permanent Opeth member though, or have they? I can't really think of a suitable replacement offhand (though the Paatos drummer sounds good). But there has to be someone who fits with Opeth's sound better than Axenrot. I hope Mike will give it some serious thought.

"His replacement will be Martin "Axe" Axenrot who's been filling in for the last 5 tours and who also recorded with the band during the recent BBC sessions."

^ Bass player has just left Vision Divine today. I'm not a fan of them, but some people is sad for that.

Well, at least this is better than the unbelievable amount of deaths which hit the world of metal last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.