The love/hate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
progressive rock you n00b

emerson lake and palmer, soft machine, king crimson, gentle giant, etc....

I like King Crimson and Floyd, but to these ears, there was a shit ton more crap in the 70s than in the 80s

disco, corporate rock, bad new wave (there are good new wave bands out there, though)

80s may have had MTV and hairspray and bad haircuts, but there were so many more good bands in that decade. SS Decontrol, Discharge, Black Flag, Celtic Frost/Hellhammer, Venom, DRI, and much more.

Everyone thinks I look older than I am. :lol: Like today for instance, I was selling stuff at the flea market with my Mom and a guy there thought me and my Mom were a couple. :lol: Also a woman asked me who my wife was. :lol:

Everyone thinks I look older than I am. :lol: Like today for instance, I was selling stuff at the flea market with my Mom and a guy there thought me and my Mom were a couple. :lol: Also a woman asked me who my wife was. :lol:

thats odd, I've always thought you looked young. but thats just me.

I grew my beard in because people always assumed I was 19 or younger because of my short stature. (thank you Mom, for putting me on ritalin as kid so it stunted my growth, you bitch!)

progressive rock you n00b

emerson lake and palmer, soft machine, king crimson, gentle giant, etc....

The late '60s and early '70s owns pretty much any other period in terms of creativity, originality, and diversity.

The list of great musicians from that period is just too big to cover - Crimson, Floyd, Zeppelin, Tull, Sabbath, ELP, The Doors, Cream, Deep Purple, Camel, Hawkwind, Alice Cooper, etc. - only scratches the surface.

The late '60s and early '70s owns pretty much any other period in terms of creativity, originality, diversity.

The list of great musicians from that period is just too big to cover - Crimson, Floyd, Zeppelin, Tull, Sabbath, ELP, The Doors, Cream, Deep Purple, Camel, Hawkwind, Alice Cooper, etc. - only scratches the surface.

there were waaaay more hardcore punk and metal bands in the 80s that completely eclipsed the 70s as far as music goes. too many to list, though.

Please stop the bullshit argument, as it boils down to taste, since apparently creativity = shit I like on this forum anyway. But honestly the 70s and 80s are pretty much equal as far as creativity, originality, and breaking boundaries goes in heavy music.

thats odd, I've always thought you looked young. but thats just me.

I grew my beard in because people always assumed I was 19 or younger because of my short stature. (thank you Mom, for putting me on ritalin as kid so it stunted my growth, you bitch!)
It could've been because I usually shave in the afternoona and I had a little bit of a beard today, I have to shave everyday otherwise I'll have a beard and I do shave everyday, I always try to be clean cut in my photos on the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.