The love/hate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the concept that peace solves everything. it doesn't.

Okay, I'll admit that the mentality of most Beatles songs gets on my nerves, but the Grateful Dead really weren't that political. Most of their stuff that I've heard is just good ol' fashioned bluesy folk rock.

:lol: Well, the Grateful Dead are famous for encouraging their fans to record their concerts and make bootlegs and shit, so you can't really call them sellouts. As for the Beatles, sure - seems like everything they did was watered-down and poppified just right for mass consumption.

so I had my first day of training today at GNC, everything went fairly well

I am currently working 2 jobs and will likely quit my office job at work after next week.

:lol: Well, the Grateful Dead are famous for encouraging their fans to record their concerts and make bootlegs and shit, so you can't really call them sellouts. As for the Beatles, sure - seems like everything they did was watered-down and poppified just right for mass consumption.

Yeah I was referring to the Beatles.

Neither does violence or hatred.

ok. peace solves some things, violence solves others. it is up to humanity to decide where to apply which. that involves rational decision making. "peace and love maaaaaaaan" is a naive concept made up by braindead hippies.

ok. peace solves some things, violence solves others. it is up to humanity to decide where to apply which. that involves rational decision making. "peace and love maaaaaaaan" is a naive concept made up by braindead hippies.

I always saw it more as a logical response to rampant post-war individualism, the corporate slave-state and increasing alienation of people from each other due to both of these. They saw some of the wars as a consequence of these things, and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.