The making of UNIVERSAL part II- Live on the Official Borknagar Youtube channel

Is someone really complaining about a video that no one has even seen yet?

Assuming its a "root note" video? How lame. The bass playing alone on this album will make you want to kill yourself.

Maybe we just shouldnt release anymore "Making of" videos and make everyone wait until Febuary 2010.
so what's with the Part III? are you guys still mad and really decided not to post anything anymore? I hope not!!
Another month has passed, only 3 months to go for the release, so how about lightening our waiting with the new "making of" part? ;) promise i won't complain whatever it's about! :saint:

Nice, let's hope so!
Universal will be released in less than 3 months now.
That still sounds like an awful long time to wait :erk: So I'm really looking forward to part 3 and 4 of the "Making of".

Hey-

Nothing on the kit was triggered. We replaced the sounds recorded with samples that we took of the kit after the recording process. I didnt want the sound to be artificial. I like BIG sounding drums but I hate triggered maddness. The tom sounds on the album are all natural just sampled from the toms in the studio, the snare is my snare, Pearl signature ultracast 14x6.5, resampled onto itself a few times so it sounds very powerful and the kicks are a sample that I made combined with the Metallica black album kick. Very balls but very natural I love the black album production so that was kind of a base for me.

Grim and Asgeirs playing didnt really have any influence on me. Im not a copycat nor do I wish to sound like someone else with my playing. I dont believe in big shoes to fill. Ive had to fill Derek Roddy, Dave Culross and a bunch other drum gods shoes before and did it just fine but with my own style. Joining a band that is more mellow than what Im familiar with is just more fun for me as a drummer because I can either A- Completely create something fresh and beautiful on my own or B- fuck it up and not fall into the music and over play the parts. I think I served selection "A" quite well in this effort.

The Black Album production is simply amazing, I'm glad to hear that you are sampling in the kick from that album. Its so clear, but so massive and punchy. Its perfect!!! I can't wait to hear your drumming, borknagar style.

I'm looking forward to every possible aspect of this album. Erik's bass on Empiricism is excellent, as it is on Origin. I'll miss asgeir, he is one of my favorite drummers, but your equally as skilled. From the audio clips, I think the production will be like Empiricism but thicker. Despite Empiricism being crystal clear, it lacked the low frequencies to rattle my brain.

I don't know if these are good predictions, but I haven't been disappointed by a borknagar record in a long time.

And of course, I hope Andreas breaks ever more ground with his vocals. And now having Vortex on the last track...it looks like this will be a real treat for any good Bork fan.

Were all very proud of you guys.

sleep.gif