the mars volta

Yesterday I got "Frances The Mute" and I just can't find the right words for that record. It's huge. It's marvellous. It's the best album of 2005. (besides GR and Deadwing)
Since yesterday I've listened to it already 8 times from the beginning to the end without skipping any song and it's still playing. :Spin:

Don Corleone said:
just like at the drive in, the mars volta kick ass. their first offering was an ep called "tremulant" and it was great like all of their latter offerings.

I'm not nearly as big a fan of tremulant as either deloused or frances. It is good though...

^ Concertina is one of their best songs. They played it here, it was one of the highlights of the show. :)

Yeah I like 'em, but they get far too bloody arty with the background atmosphere in between actual music. I mean, I like some of it, but playing some fucking impro trombone for 6 mins straight without any direction before we hear a 2 min long section of sweetness doesn't float my boat.

JoeVice said:
well, doesn't that mean you're gay, and you hang out at coffee shops, and hang up anti-war signs?

Well... no.

Besides, what's wrong being gay, hanging out at coffee shops or being anti-war?

I don't understand how someone can have a problem with another person having a diet that is healthy, doesn't require killing and uses up natural resources ten times less than meat production.

JoeVice said:
:tickled: phhh...you must be one of them annt.

Yes, but I don't go around bragging about it or slagging off people who aren't. And I consider myself quite healthy, thank you.

And to clear things up: no, I'm not gay, I've never been to a coffee shop and haven't hung up anti-war sings... though I think war sucks.