the "metal fans" in my school suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2009
so basically theres me, as far as people with a wide knowledge of bands,songs,generes,history and all of that, my friend nick as well knows all of this stuff but he doesnt like listening to almost any extreme, or brutal metal, but he still understands where it came from and how to appriciate it, everyone else in my school's knowledge is about as far as devil wears prada,i killed the prom queen and as i lay dying, all of which is all greek to me, i fucking hate almost all the metalcore ive ever heard, i just wanted to know, is there what it is like everywhere? it sucks, the people who claim to be metal fans listen to cannibal corpse and amon amarth, sometimes nile which i love, but this is as far as there "underground" knowledge goes, but most of them are like DOOD LETS GO TO THE PARKWAYDRIVE SHOW AND GET EFFED UP IN THE PITS NOT EVEN LISTEN TO THE MUSIC AND GO CRAZY DURING THE BREAKDOWN if you cant tell it pisses me off and i get into arguments everyday with these little scene kids, is this what is like in every fucking highschool?

You at least got deathcore kids at your HS, imagine everyone listening to MTV shit and rap like when I was in HS.

well the people that listen to the deathcore and metalcore are the kids who listen to that, then listen to this to go hardcore dance in a pit and makethemselves feel brutal lol, its not much better

well the people that listen to the deathcore and metalcore are the kids who listen to that, then listen to this to go hardcore dance in a pit and makethemselves feel brutal lol, its not much better
Damn if that's the case, I think it's about time for another shooting rampage! :devil: lol

In high school, the few metalheads that I was friends with listened to alot of the obscure extreme metal bands. There were 3 of us. The other "metalheads" listened to Pantera, Metallica and that's kind of it. They weren't huge music fans either, and I didn't like them because they were the "jocks" of the school. Everyone else listened to shit.

Once you outgrow your high school life, you'll start heading to pubs or bars where metal is played, go to local gigs and mix with a crowd that you want to mix with. Although sometimes you get the hardcore/metalcore kids coming to metal gigs starting their ridiculous hardcore dancing. Watching one of these people getting clotheslined by a 6'3" metalhead with long hair is fucking classic.

Quite a new and unique observation you've made. Newsflash: the average person generally can't and/or doesn't care to get into this kind of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.