The Metal in terms of fashion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catarina

New Metal Member
Sep 17, 2007
What do you think of fashion trends?
How do you feel about women who dress the same as gay men?
4kw4589.jpg

Would dating a trendy girl go against your principles?
Do you ever find yourself in a situation where you think a girl is pretty, but wouldn't approach her because of what she is wearing?
Let's say you are browing MySpace. What strikes you about a girl for you to "choose" her over others?

I am mostly interested in replies from straight men. Thanks!

What do you think of fashion trends?
How do you feel about women who dress the same as gay men?
Would dating a trendy girl go against your principles?
Do you ever find yourself in a situation where you think a girl is pretty, but wouldn't approach her because of what she is wearing?
Let's say you are browing MySpace. What strikes you about a girl for you to "choose" her over others?

I am mostly interested in replies from straight men. Thanks!

1. Fuck that. I'll take a t-shirt and jeans any day.
2. It's their life. They're not hurting anyone.
3. ...if her clothing says something about her personality which I don't like
4. Sorry, not a Myspace stalker or user at all.

I tend to prefer the alternative look, but I really don't care all that much. I don't care much about fashion trends. I think a few are stupid, like the flat brimmed baseball hat or hip-hop style clothing, but it is silly to judge a person on their clothing alone. I knew a very intelligent and funny guy that wore wigger clothes.

Also, women who dress like gay men? How often does that come up?

Hip-Hop trends are gay. I dress nicely. A black polo and nice jeans . A dress shirt and black dress pants. I like to dress nice if you will.

Nice dressed woman are great.

Generally I hate trends of any kind, not necessarily the style of clothing but just the fact that the people are trying to be something as opposed them just being their own selves, not to mention I dislike their mentality on this issue as well. I'd rather just have a girl who wears what she personally likes to wear. But I'll be honest, I'm generally attracted to girls with a goth-ier look/appearance - of course there are different styles some of which I like & dislike. For example, I'll take a Victorian-goth over a cyber-goth-club-star anyday. Not that I'm trying to define anything because perhaps it's become a trend or label to some extent, but as long as the person's goal isn't to define herself as one then in terms of principles I'm ok with that.

Metal fashion is ugly as fuck, especially when women overdo it.

I just dress comfortably, whether it's athletic shorts, jeans, sweats etc.

I tend to prefer the alternative look, but I really don't care all that much. I don't care much about fashion trends. I think a few are stupid, like the flat brimmed baseball hat or hip-hop style clothing, but it is silly to judge a person on their clothing alone. I knew a very intelligent and funny guy that wore wigger clothes.

Also, women who dress like gay men? How often does that come up?

All the time! People here in the city are wearing the same 80's glam rocker outfit regardless of gender.

And I'm not talking about judging people on their clothes... but selecting mates based on their appearance.

EDIT: "Using appearance to select mates." That is distinctly different.

no eyeliner, nail polish, wallet chains, all dark wardrobe for me. I don't want to look like a korn/green day fan. seriously, anyone who looks "remotely" metal actually listens to nu/alt metal around here

Now this is some true stellar metal fashion. White Hightop Reeboks FTW Feathered Hair, too. :lol::lol:
8939photoww0.jpg

cookiecutter said:
Catarina what is the reason you joined and posted this? I am not trying to sound mean here I'm just curious.

Because I want to read answers to the questions. I am interested in exchanging ideas about the topic, not getting attached and moving in.

I will now let the thread continue without my intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.