The most overrated metal bands.

Deicide is very overrated. They're also horrible live.

I was going to mention Megadeth but that was my stereotypical answer so I stayed clear of it. I've shown enough disaprovel for Megadeth anyways.

J. said:
I honestly want to know what albums from Hypocrisy, The Chasm, Primordial, Amon Amarth these people have heard. ANd no, downloads don't count.

I have to agree on Primordial. I bought "Gathering Wilderness" after it got Album Of The Month in Terrorizer and I was disappointed. I gave it a few spins over about a month to see if it would grow on me but it didn't. The music was reasonable, sometimes good, never great, and the vocals were boring. The lyrics were workmanlike, nothing deeply inspiring (From the north to the south! From the east to...<dramatic pause>..the west!) but the kind of thing you could put in your signature without embarrassment. Note that that assessment comes from someone with Ziggy Stardust lyrics in his signature, of course.

To their credit, they did manage to do this Pagan Metal sound without coming off like a novelty act, it's just a pity that they couldn't leave the power in the music when they sucked out the cheese.

lord667 said:
I have to agree on Primordial. I bought "Gathering Wilderness" after it got Album Of The Month in Terrorizer and I was disappointed. I gave it a few spins over about a month to see if it would grow on me but it didn't. The music was reasonable, sometimes good, never great, and the vocals were boring. The lyrics were workmanlike, nothing deeply inspiring (From the north to the south! From the east to...<dramatic pause>..the west!) but the kind of thing you could put in your signature without embarrassment. Note that that assessment comes from someone with Ziggy Stardust lyrics in his signature, of course.

To their credit, they did manage to do this Pagan Metal sound without coming off like a novelty act, it's just a pity that they couldn't leave the power in the music when they sucked out the cheese.

Now that I've had a chance to listen to their full catalog and can make all the comparisons, I'd have to say that 'The Gathering Wilderness' is their weakest album.

Anymore if I listen to it, I just listen to "The Golden Spiral", "The Coffin Ships", and "Cities Carved In Stone".

Moon of Amber said:
The Chasm? Fuck off, Thraxz. It's even more impossible to overrate The Chasm than it is to overrate Hell Awaits, and that's saying plenty.

I rest my case.

J Mann said:
Primordial

*puts up flame shield*
No. The Gathering Wilderness is easily one of the top albums of the year so far, and almost no one had heard of Primordial before it was released. Before it was released, Primordial was easily one of the most UNDERrated bands. And no, The Gathering Wilderness is not their best CD.

Edgecrusher said:
Now that I've had a chance to listen to their full catalog and can make all the comparisons, I'd have to say that 'The Gathering Wilderness' is their weakest album.

Anymore if I listen to it, I just listen to "The Golden Spiral", "The Coffin Ships", and "Cities Carved In Stone".
Yes, it may be their weakest album, but it is still very good. I still listen to it all the way through, though I find "The Golden Spiral," "The Coffin Ships," and "Tragedy's Birth" to be the best tracks on there. The title track also has a really killer passage. Spirit the Earth Aflame is probably my favorite Primordial album.

Moon of Amber said:
holy shit where did you rest it oh wait you didnt have one

Niether of you have a point because you are talking about shit that is as insignificant as it gets.

Moon of Amber said:
You mean "neither". Are there no schools in the Congo?

Oh christ that was unfunny.

To chip in: Isis are awesome and believe me its your loss if you don't like them. Deicide are boring, its impossible to overrate Led Zepplin and Primordial are getting some much deserved attention though I agree Spirit the Earth is their best album.

Now Summoning, there's an overrated band, though all I've heard is their 'masterpiece' Dol Guldur. Such a lame, repetitive album.

Moon of Amber said:
You mean "neither". Are there no schools in the Congo?

Im pretty sure I could look through your posts and find some spelling errors. Making racist comments, or bringing up small spelling errors is pretty cliche and retarded. If you don't have anything to say just shut the fuck up.

Clich&#233; and retarded, as opposed to your insightful posts full of wonder and enlightenment? You's talkin' about shit tha's insignif'cant as it gets nigga dawg, i like my street trophop bumpin' the real deal thru ma car stereo keepin' it wicked my brotha'.

I'll stop being racist when you stop being black.

lol at people judging Primordial based entirely on The Gatheirng Wilderness

How is Asphyx overrated? Because you saw like one positive review?

TheGreatDeceiver said:
Misfit, I disagree with your entire list with the exception of Blut Aus Nord. I was really pumped up to hear them after you guys on UM hyped them up so much...I was thoroughly disappointed. Every song was the same tempo with the same blastbeats with the same vocals.

:lol: Please tell me you're joking.

Necro Joe said:
Oh christ that was unfunny.

To chip in: Isis are awesome and believe me its your loss if you don't like them. Deicide are boring, its impossible to overrate Led Zepplin and Primordial are getting some much deserved attention though I agree Spirit the Earth is their best album.

Now Summoning, there's an overrated band, though all I've heard is their 'masterpiece' Dol Guldur. Such a lame, repetitive album.

:lol: