The most overrated metal bands.

I fucking love The Gathering Wilderness, and as far as I'm concerned it's their best album, but it's probably true that I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much if I hadn't heard Spirit the Earth Aflame beforehand.

From this, I can deduce - everyone should fucking listen to Spirit the Earth Aflame.

Décadent said:
I fucking love The Gathering Wilderness, and as far as I'm concerned it's their best album, but it's probably true that I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much if I hadn't heard Spirit the Earth Aflame beforehand.

From this, I can deduce - everyone should fucking listen to Spirit the Earth Aflame.

Same :D

Life Sucks said:
I haven't liked anything I've heard by them, and I've seen them (as well as anything Devin Townsend has ever done) praised endlessly. Very, very overrated.

I agree. I am sick of Townsend fanboys. The guy is just obnoxious along with his music.

Life Sucks said:
Another band that is overrated: Napalm Death

I don't know how I forgot to mention them.

I love Napalm Death.

Let me think of overrated bands:

Metallica - I think their early thrash work were decent but they do not deserve to be considered metal classics.

Lamb Of God - I like some of their songs but they're pretty over-hyped.

Possessed - Like what, Misfit said earlier. So what if they were the ones to start death metal? I still say they were tacky and Death were far better.

Nile - Oooh, they are death metal and they have interest in Egyptian mythology.

Possessed 'seven churches' sounds good to me. Not tacky or outdated. Older death metal is the best.

You can listen to your over produced digital crap if you want.

Yea, its not like they are on the cover of every magazine or on MTV, people on metal forums talk about nile some but they aren't even mainstream and definetly are far from being overrated.

The Greys said:
Possessed 'seven churches' sounds good to me. Not tacky or outdated. Older death metal is the best.

You can listen to your over produced digital crap if you want.

You're retarted though :(

BlackMetalTyrant said:
Yea, its not like they are on the cover of every magazine or on MTV, people on metal forums talk about nile some but they aren't even mainstream and definetly are far from being overrated.

No, I am not saying they're trendy. They're death metal therefore, the mainstream can never take them in. I am saying they're just over hyped within the death metal realm.

metal paddy said:
why because they are english or something they have round a long time buddy!:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Well, their riffs are really simple, their music is very monotonous, and their death metal albums are very unoriginal. They are by no means a bad band, but they are in no way one of the best death metal bands out there.