The most overrated metal bands.

Blodsmert said:
Hmm, no self respecting Englishman would call himself 'Paddy'.

Was it the 'peace and love' or 'dudes' that gave it away, them being such 'actual slang British tongue' ?

Here is some proper British slang, and it's on-topic:

Black Sabbath are Brummie spackers, their music is shan and that talentless ponce Ozzy can kiss my hoop.
IAM LONDON IRISH AND IDO NOT LIKE OZZY AT ALL OR BLACK SABBATH ME MAM AND DAd are irish and i woz born in east london :saint: :saint:

The new Primordial is great in small doses. I've not heard enough to comment on whether or not the band is overrated.

The singer resembles(alittle) the singer for Pearl Jam.

Newer Necrophagist does not use a drum machine and is shitty. Old Necrophagist is marginally annoying but still good.

The Greys said:
I forgot about Mithras who could not be anymore generic and unoriginal.

They're not generic at all. Yes they do ape Morbid Angel's riffing style. However, on their first album, they included tons of cool ambient/atmospheric snippets, their solos are unbelievable and 90% of the stuff you think is synths on Worlds Beyond The Veil is guitar. If you're going to call something generic, please do so with a band that is actually generic.

So true. Maiden are pretty good, but I just think there are much better bands playing their style. MANILLA ROAD never got much love from that crowd, yet they're just as good as Maiden (though sometimes a different style).

The following bands are not overrated:

Black Sabbath - anyone who thinks so is wrong. Their first 6 albums rule.

Megadeth - Rust in Peace, Peace Sells, So far so good, Killing is my business, overrated, I think not, given the fact that nearly every faggot on this board hates them just because they dont like dave mustaine, and thats despite the fact that one of their albums is probably 50 times as good as most of the worthless shit that is produced.

Death - people write death off as being derivative rubbish or "sell-out unauthentic" death metal. this is despite the fact that they listen to a hundred different derivative black metal bands who can't piece two different riffs together, produce the same album every 3 months and have done fuck all for black metal (let alone music).

Primordial - no. that's all that needs to be said.

Slayer - greatest band of all time. so no.

and there are others, like the chasm (which retard mentioned them?), watain, testament etc.

I also agree with the following being overrated:
SYL
Anthrax
Deicide

and I'll also add Edge of Sanity, Devin Townsend, Pink Floyd (although again not metal, but they are fucking crap and are often referred to as major influences on metal bands) and Entombed.

The reasons why Megadeth suck.

1. Dave Mustaine's vocals.

2. Dave Mustaine

3. Dave Mustaine.... oh wait

4. Because misfit listens to 'at the litterbox'.

Opeth are THE most overrated metal band of recent years. Seriously, I have never heard even one good thing from them.

Dodens Grav said:
Why the fuck do you insist on sharing your opinion on other people's opinions?

<irony></irony>

Why the fuck do you have to tell everyone what they can and can't do? And if it isn't totally obvious, that was rhetorical.

And no, I never "yelled" at you JP.

Both of you voice your opinions on every band in existence to no end. I don't see why I can't raise 3 or 4 arguments.

Anyone who says Mustaine's vocals are bad is just stupid. One of the most unique, and best voices in metal. And I really only like about 2 1/2 of their albums.

Death is isn't that overrated as a band. The Sound of Perseverance is an overrated album, but Human is severely underrated. This is probably in my top five albums of all time.

This just came to me now. Demilich.

Demilich fanboy: "Oh man, those vocals are so deep. Clearly that and these randomly thrown together riffs and retarded song titles make this band legendary, despite the fact that they had no real career, and never did anything else of note."