The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

I wonder if they're gonna do the same thing they did with GR and release a couple songs before it comes out on a separate website. The quality wasn't perfect, but it was still awesome hearing something before the official release.

Yeah. I still can't forget the feeling roiling through my stomach when the opening notes of The Grand Conjuration played.

Funny how something so evil can make ya so happy. :headbang:

lawl, I just got flamed for making that same observation a few pages back. But I am glad someone sees some inexplicable coherancy. Maybe just wishful thinking.

I thought so too, got a 'concept-vibe' from the titles, sure it's just heavily speculative but no more stupid than other speculation going on, no need to calling you a retard, and if so, call me a retard too :cool:

What about title "Heir apparent"?

Heir can be sth like a "heir to the throne" right? That's the only meaning of the word I know ATM. Apparent? As in obvious? Not sure.

Well LOL, that's the problem with abstract titles. They can mean so many different things until we get to read the lyrics.

this was mentioned earlier already, and the answer was that Heir Apparent is a very normal legal term, which you can look up on wikipedia to get the explanation. Why this song is called like this is of course a mystery 'till you get the album with the lyrics. But knowing Opeth, even then it might remain obscure ...
seems to me that the Thesaurus was often used again though :lol: leading to all you people making these really strange statements based on fucking song titles. go back to the other albums just looking at song titles ... Deliverance was a fucking concept album then as well! pretty obvious that there will be coherence in titles, that's always the case on Opeth albums (or most albums from decent bands that is).

I wonder if they're gonna do the same thing they did with GR and release a couple songs before it comes out on a separate website. The quality wasn't perfect, but it was still awesome hearing something before the official release.

I hope not!
It totally ruined GR for me for a pretty long time.
I was kinda sick of TGC by the time i got the album, and I didnt like Hours Of Wealth at all, so I usually just skipped the last 3 tracks, fucked up the album totally for me.
If they release a song early this time im going to try my best not to listen to it.

Mikael Åkerfeldt;6943456 said:
I am a dictator!

Cheers
Mike

What can be thought from this, is that the Big Guy is friggin' euphoric. He must be quite hell of a happy about the new album. Good thing.

For the uninitiated who are wondering, "Robin who?"

From 1974. You can almost smell the pot...
[youtube]Dk9dzkmdoHQ&feature=related[/youtube]