The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

yeah, sorry for going off topic. question. is there any downside of buying the special edition, besides paying more of course? is the disc still playable in a regular cd player? i dont really understand. any help?

I hope that they when they release the first song from the new album won shorten it down like they did with TGC. That kinda ruined that song for me actually since i listened to it so much and got used to it and then when i heard the real song it sounded weird to my ears. But in a way i understand it since 8+ songs rarely is put on mix cd:s that come with metal mags and stuff.

yeah, sorry for going off topic. question. is there any downside of buying the special edition, besides paying more of course? is the disc still playable in a regular cd player? i dont really understand. any help?

I can say that the GR SE contains a CD including the bonus tracks, which you can play in your "regular cd player" and additionally a DVD with the 5.1 mix & documentation, which you can only play if you've got a DVD player / DVD drive and 5.1 speaker system. I guess it will be the same with a possible upcoming Watershed SE :err:

I can say that the GR SE contains a CD including the bonus tracks, which you can play in your "regular cd player" and additionally a DVD with the 5.1 mix & documentation, which you can only play if you've got a DVD player / DVD drive and 5.1 speaker system. I guess it will be the same with a possible upcoming Watershed SE :err:

great thanks a lot. i'll be buying the special edition for sure

great thanks a lot. i'll be buying the special edition for sure

if I got it right, Mike said in that interview posted in this thread some pages ago that they're planning to release the special edition at the same time with the regular version and it would contain 3 bonus tracks and a 55-minute making of documentary and a 5.1 mix.

Lots of good info in this thread. Very excited about the new album, can't wait!

2008 is shapping up to be a very good year for Opeth. Good to see them getting more popular, they deserve it.

If the descriptions given of the songs on the previous page are accurate (the whole Jazz/Fusion references), then this is going to rock your socks! It was Opeth that helped me appreciate Jazz/Fusion like Pat Metheny, Jim Hall, Al Di Meola, Jean-Luc Ponty and the like, what with all those acoustic parts in their songs. Seeing them now expand their style to incorporate some of that is...well...insane (in a good way).

I'd be really interested to hear a bit of blastbeating. I read somewhere (can't remember where) that there would be. Since my favourite album of all time (Ikuinen Kaamos - The Forlorn) is often compared to Opeth with more blastbeating, I REALLY look forward to the next 'peth release.

Damn it! Why June?? It's too far off, and with all the snow around here, there'll probably be a blizzard on the day of release.

Anyone get hint of artwork yet??

sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but is the track "derelict herds" going to show up as the exclusive åkerfeldt/wiberg composition on the roundhouse dvd menu?