The nicest thing that's happened to you lately

I got to play ultimate frisbee last weekend in Santiago. I was totally out of shape, but it was nice to find people that speak English and play a sport that I love. Only issue was that I had to drive 6 hours to get back home by 3:30am... had a meeting for work the next morning at 9:30. oi!

For those of you who haven't heard from me the past 18 months, I should probably post what's been up with me, but perhaps another time...

cddisc.gif
Metalium -- As One (Chapter Four) -- Find Out (6:29)
/* random quote */
On ordering food in foreign countries:
"It is all about sign language and gesturing. Of course it helps if you can make out some of it, but I alway consider it a sign of success if I can get the waiter to physically try to imitate the type of animal to help explain what type of food you are ordering."
-Matt Wicks

Never disappeared. Just often short on time. Seems I haven't posted regularly since last November. Since then I spent another 3 months in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 3 months in Philadelphia (US), 3 months in Oita, Japan, and 3 weeks in Daesan, Korea. Good times... except Philly.

The Nomad said:
Never disappeared. Just often short on time. Seems I haven't posted regularly since last November. Since then I spent another 3 months in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 3 months in Philadelphia (US), 3 months in Oita, Japan, and 3 weeks in Daesan, Korea. Good times... except Philly.
Isn't that travel thingy limited to a certain period of time? And didn't you say you might end up somewhere in Europe as well?

Gaunerin said:
Isn't that travel thingy limited to a certain period of time? And didn't you say you might end up somewhere in Europe as well?

It's limited until I decide to move to a different position. I feel I'm good for another 2 or 3 (or more) years. I could end up in Europe, but it just hasn't happened yet. I'm currently praying to catch a job in China in March or February...

The best thing in a long time was the great Fallen/Draconian/Esoteric gig on Friday.
I've been working my ass off making this happen for half a year, and it was great to see it turn into 2 good and 1 great band at last :D

That surprises you? Remember, little one,
That is not dead which does eternal lie
And in strange aeons even Death may die

,,V^_^;;

As far as being on topic, I can't think of anything significantly good that's happened within the last couple of days, but then I guess that means it's right about time for a happy surprise, any time now... :hotjump:

Two of my best friends from the Netherlands are not going to emigrate to Canada any time soon although they had plans to do so. All I can say is that I'm very, very relieved I'm not loosing them to the other side of the world now. Makes me feel a great deal better again.

Coyote027 said:
I *told* you something was gonna go well for me in just a short time.. :hotjump:
...the famous positive thinking theory, huh? I'm definitely not good at this at all :( But anyway, how was the interview for that job?

On a related note (see topic): I recently found out that someone in my last Swedish course is into metal and Otyg fan. Too bad that both of us had no idea that we shared the same interest. :rolleyes: