The Off-topic topic.

Ok, if we're in the Off-topic section anyway, should we also have some game topics?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi! I'm probably not going to be around much for the next couple of weeks so I thought I'd come and say 'hello'. I'm absolutely broke this month and I have a lot on so I don't really have a great deal of free time. Still at least I will have a bit more time to actually write some more scenes for the novel.

My computer has officially died on me so I'm trying to transfer stuff over to my dad's spare one which I have now 'nicked' (well,he's not using it! And he's had it for 4 years in the box so he can't complain!) It's a lot better to be honest. I don't know how I have managed with the slow, constantly crashing piece of crap I was using before. Hey, who knows I might actually finish it soon and get to work on some of my other ideas.

Work is hmm....interesting. My boss has caused a lot of aggro by saying to one of the guys he's planning to sack two members of staff before Xmas. So now everyone's well paranoid about who it could be. Lots of new films out so I have to organise lots and spend long hours there sorting things out. So far I've watched 'Ratatouille' and 'Stardust' which were quite good. I can't wait to see 'Elizabeth: The Golden Age' which I'm eagerly anticipating. I loved the original, so we'll see. Fingers crossed and all that.

If only I could...Still I need the job and they are relatively flexible about the whole looking after Mum thing and they don't mind too much if I say I want to go to a gig. I just wish he was less of a power hungry git. Still , I'm looking for a better paying job after Xmas then hopefully I can move out.

I've got the day off but I'm going in to see 'Eastern Promises' then I've got more work to do on a couple of scenes.

Eastern Promises is really good. I'm actually going to watch it again today and I rarely bother to watch a film more than once at work as I try not to spend too much time there if I can help it.

I went in really early to watch a run through of Elizabeth: The Golden Age as I am a bit of a fangirl of the original and I enjoyed it immensely. Very good stuff. They were showing trailers of upcoming films and Beowulf looks interesting. I hope they don't balls it up as it is a cracking story. I still think someone needs to do a Viking Metal concept album about Beowulf. That would rule!

At the moment I'm trying to work on a couple of short stories. I've got an idea about a Norse soldier coming back from the wars which I think will be pretty good. Hopefully if I start to work on a couple of things that are slightly less massive it might help me carry on with the novel which is mutating into a bit of a monster. Rewriting that is going to be a bitch!

I think I looked awesome yesterday at the Gorgoroth gig. =D

6susbxf.jpg

Hello there!:wave:

Just popped in to see what's going on. At the moment I think I've cracked my current problem on the novel. I just needed to focus.
I'm off work for a couple of days so I'm going to watch Beowulf on Thursday. Apparently it's meant to be a 12A but due to the content which is not remotely 12A at all, we've been told to expect many many complaints (but and here's the kicker) we can't warn the customers before they go in because the studio want to maximise the amount of people going into the film and warning them might put them off. So obviously they're NOT going to storm out with their 7 year old demanding a refund and shouting at the staff at all. No way.:rolleyes:

Becuase I'm broke I missed out on Sonata so I may have said this before but I am actually gutted. Damn people not paying back money I've lent them!:cry: still I should be able to go to Within Temptation and Therion so that should make up for it. And this time I'm going on my own!

Let's hope next week is better. It wants to be.