THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Ring of Fire dvd last night and must say Tony really was busting out some real dribble on that night....bloody horrible..the only one who could hold his head up was the Virg.

Mark Boals is by far the worst on that one... :puke:

But you're right... I'd trade that for the Planet X- Live From Oz cd to be made in a live dvd... Tony's playing in that concert is nothing short of brilliant!

l read where DT performed the epitome prog metal album "Images & Words" in it's entirety at Gods of Metal and announced they would be doing it at select shows. DT once again proves why they own the prog metal genre...untouchable.

+1

i'm sorry, i was referring to 'systematic chaos' not ring of fire stuff which i think is amazing and technical but not that musical.

and mark boals' high vocals sound ridiculous oftentimes.

Actually, I thought you were referring to Tony MacAlpine or Planet X... I couldn't care less if you don't like Ring Of Fire...

But Systematic Chaos sounds great IMO...

I got it at Circuit City for $11.99 as advertised.... What a great label move this is going to turn out to be...

A few dull moments but many enjoyable ones....

I just got the new DT today. I expected to be disappointed. I thought 6doit was ok, but hated the nu-DT since.

This new one I dig right out of the box. It feels like real DT again. I love the various atmospheres that are created throughout the album. It's heavy but has a good mix of mellow, melodic, dynamic, and of course prog elements. Some of the longer instrumental parts remind me of LTE. It's everything a good DT album should be.

The only song I don't like is track 5, Repentance. Its just so long and boring.

Yeah, I knew there was going to be another AA Saga song on here. I guess DT is going to keep recording albums until it's finished, and then stop. It's a shame, because I just don't care anymore.

Other than that, I really like this album. It's far more consistent than Octavarium, and much easier to listen to (since the epic track on that album can really only be appreciated when listened straight-through). I am not disappointed. Rush and DT haven't disappointed... now Symphony X just has to come through, and this will be a great summer for album releases by my favorite bands. :kickass:

OK...I was not intending to ever post here again, but with as many U.S. DT fans as there are, I figured this would be as good a place as any to ask.

Did anybody else have trouble with their CD skipping in the last minute of the last song? Did anybody else get a CD where one of the pages was upside-down and backwards in the liner notes? I'm debating whether to take it back to Best Buy and demand an exchange, or to just try and burn myself a replacement (sometimes works when I have defective CDs). The other one there had the song listing on the back upside-down, which mine did not. Did Roadrunner screw up on a massive scale or was this just a bad lot that got to where I am?

OK...I was not intending to ever post here again, but with as many U.S. DT fans as there are, I figured this would be as good a place as any to ask.

Did anybody else have trouble with their CD skipping in the last minute of the last song? Did anybody else get a CD where one of the pages was upside-down and backwards in the liner notes? I'm debating whether to take it back to Best Buy and demand an exchange, or to just try and burn myself a replacement (sometimes works when I have defective CDs). The other one there had the song listing on the back upside-down, which mine did not. Did Roadrunner screw up on a massive scale or was this just a bad lot that got to where I am?

I hope our cd's aren't screwed... But I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem at all yet...

Hmm, mine is fine. I haven't heard of this problem here.

ozprog said:
ozprog: Speaking of the new label Roadrunner, here in Australia a lot of people were excited when we heard Roadrunner had come on board because they do a lot out here for metal in Australia, and they've brought out a few bands that people wanted to see that hadn't been here previously. Are you guys looking at trying to come out?

James LaBrie: Well that's one of the things that attracted us to Roadrunner... we know that whenever they've signed a band they've signed it because they believe in it. We heard about the fact that they do promote and market the hell out of their bands and we were aware of their strong presence in Australia, because Australia has been a bone of contention with us as far as "why the hell haven't we been there", you know?

And we're really an unknown entity over in Australia. I mean as far as we are known I think it's mainly due to the internet, be it a site like yours or our own sites that have brought awareness, and word of mouth obviously is still an incredibly strong tool and vehicle.

But definitely I can tell you that with almost 100% certainty that we will be coming there this tour. They're talking about doing four or five shows, and our booking agent is in touch with a promoter over there, one of the bigger ones that are really excited to bring us over, so it's just a matter of finding the time that we can get in there and do it. But as soon as we have something, and it could be as early as within the next month, we might have something to announce. But we've all been saying it, and we told our management, our booking agent that this needs to happen, you know, it's enough.

Dunno if it's old news.

http://www.ozprog.com/interviews/view/10

Status
Not open for further replies.